Tags:
  • Hard Drives
  • NAS / RAID
  • Windows 7
  • Storage
Last response: in Storage
October 21, 2012 5:36:17 PM

Hello,

I cannot seem to get windows 7 to install onto my RAID 0 array. I've got BIOS set to RAID, created a RAID array, and loaded the RAID drivers for my system, but when it finishes installing and completes its first reboot it says "Windows setup cannot configure windows to run on this computer's hardware" when it's on the "completing installation" part of the install and it tells me to restart the installation. I'm going mad from this, because everything I find on the internet has to do with problems I've already fixed or didn't have. Any help?

More about : installing win7 raid problem

October 21, 2012 5:39:29 PM

thayer79 said:
Hello,

I cannot seem to get windows 7 to install onto my RAID 0 array. I've got BIOS set to RAID, created a RAID array, and loaded the RAID drivers for my system, but when it finishes installing and completes its first reboot it says "Windows setup cannot configure windows to run on this computer's hardware" when it's on the "completing installation" part of the install and it tells me to restart the installation. I'm going mad from this, because everything I find on the internet has to do with problems I've already fixed or didn't have. Any help?

Asus P6X58D=P MB
WD Caviar Green 1TB x2 (temporary)
Windows 7-64 Home Premium
a b $ Windows 7
a b G Storage
October 21, 2012 5:58:12 PM

Try making the RAID partition smaller first, like around 500mb's...
Attempt to install windows again.
After windows is finished installing, install ALL updates for it.
When all updates are installed then go ahead and adjust the partition size for whatever you want within windows itself.
October 21, 2012 6:36:26 PM

Thanks for the info. I'll definitely try that. Someone suggested I update BIOS, since I haven't since I got the MB, so I'm trying that first and will see what happens.
!