abhishekk89

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
I'm planning to upgrade my graphics card so that i'll be able to connect my pc to my home theater and watch hi-def movies(just got a brand new blu ray combo drive and bought a couple of good blu ray flicks)

Also i'll be using this pc to play some games on my existing 19" monitor with a resolution of 1440*900. Obviously i'd want to play the latest games(preferably in full res and high detail). I was confused with these two graphic cards(remember i only need 5 series graphics cards since i'll be bit streaming blu ray audio to my a/v receiver).

now should i go buy a 5670 1gb card or is 5570 enough for me ?
i know these cards cannot play all games at my res in full high detail.. hope they'll be sufficient for most games at least.

also i'm planning to assemble a brand new system once the sandy bridge platform is out(complete with brand new graphics card). so i'll be needing this just for an year or so.

abhishekk89

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009

thanks.. yeah the 5670 is definitely a better card.. but i was wondering whether 5570 would be sufficient for my needs..

They are basically equal for non-gaming purposes. For gaming at your resolution the HD5670 will be rather good while the HD5570 will be serviceable but nothing special. To be more specific the HD5670 is approximately 40% more powerful for gaming. That's well worth the extra $15 or so IMO.