Best Card for 1280x1024

gungniir

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2010
Hey guys, I have been looking at the different reviews of the 5000 series cards and I am in a bit of a pickle.

I am building a system on the cheap and will be using the dual-display setup I already have. Since I have 19" monitors, my resolution tops out at 1280 x 1024.

Since most of the reviews are for resolutions bigger than this, what would you guys recommend for a good, casual gaming experience on such a low resolution? In other words, what is the slowest card I could get and still do modern games justice at 1280 x 1024.

Thanks!

Solution
It will be fine for them too, HD 5770 is a good choice too(although a bit overkill for your system),its good especially if you want to use AA/AF

gungniir

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2010
Hey thanks for the quick reply!

I guess by Modern I mean games that have recently come out, and games that are going to be released soon. Anything would be a huge improvement over what I am using now (X800XL circa 2005 ;] ) But I would really like to enjoy playing games like Starcraft 2 and Civilization 5 at higher settings when they come out later this year. I am not much of an FPS gamer.

Good luck,and its OK if you couldn't find a good deal for 5770,because like i said a 5750 does the job well(you may need to turn off AA/AF in order to get a smooth frame in some games,but aside from that its a great choice)