CPU Upgrade For eMachines EL1300G-02w

I've read online that you can easily replace the EL1300G-02w's Athlon 2650e 1.6 GHz CPU with basically any 45 watt AM2/AM2+ processor. The person writing the article specifically mentioned having success upgrading to an Athlon X2 BE-2400 2.3 GHz Processor. Unfortunately, I can't find this or any other 45 watt AM2/AM2+ processor in stock anywhere online. I have however read that socket AM3 processors are backwards-compatible with AM2/AM2+ motherboards. I did manage to find an Athlon II X2 240e 2.8GHz that uses only 45 watts of power. I can't find anything on the internet that can tell me if this CPU would be supported by the EL1300G-02w's BIOS. I would like to know there's a chance it would work before I spend $73 on it.
3 answers Last reply
More about upgrade emachines el1300g
  1. Yep Yep. That will work, just make sure you have updated BIOS and have a little thermal grease handy... clean off the old stuff from the bottom of the heatsink with a little rubbing alcohol... unless your new cpu comes with a stock fan.
    -Andrew
  2. Shooter12point7 said:
    I've read online that you can easily replace the EL1300G-02w's Athlon 2650e 1.6 GHz CPU with basically any 45 watt AM2/AM2+ processor. The person writing the article specifically mentioned having success upgrading to an Athlon X2 BE-2400 2.3 GHz Processor. Unfortunately, I can't find this or any other 45 watt AM2/AM2+ processor in stock anywhere online. I have however read that socket AM3 processors are backwards-compatible with AM2/AM2+ motherboards. I did manage to find an Athlon II X2 240e 2.8GHz that uses only 45 watts of power. I can't find anything on the internet that can tell me if this CPU would be supported by the EL1300G-02w's BIOS. I would like to know there's a chance it would work before I spend $73 on it.

I have the EL1300G-02w and I love it. I upgraded mine with a athlon 64 bit x2 5000+ series with 4 gb of RAM. Not bad for something so small. By the way, check ebay for the processors and memory. They have the best prices and you wont be disappointed.
  3. Im trying to do the same to my EL1300g-02w. How do you update the bios after installing? Were you able to install the 240e?
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Processors eMachines Product