My company has finally decided to startinstalling XP Pro into our mostly
Windows 2000 environment. Everything seems fine except that it takes at least
10 minutes to open our main software (which employs an Access database on the
local server). On Win2k computers it takes about 20 seconds. I have disabled
the firewall, are there other settings I need to change to allow the computer
to open the file?

You'll probably want to get in touch with the developer or ask them here.

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.access&cat=en_US_75909bfa-f801-4e06-bf83-dc23c7f2d273&lang=en&cr=US

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"DeborahB" wrote:
| My company has finally decided to startinstalling XP Pro into our mostly
| Windows 2000 environment. Everything seems fine except that it takes at
least
| 10 minutes to open our main software (which employs an Access database on
the
| local server). On Win2k computers it takes about 20 seconds. I have
disabled
| the firewall, are there other settings I need to change to allow the
computer
| to open the file?

What version of Access? We have big performance issues with Access 97/2k,
but Access XP/2k3 works just fine.

--

Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your Service!

http://www.google.com
Google is your "Friend"

"DeborahB" <DeborahB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My company has finally decided to startinstalling XP Pro into our mostly
> Windows 2000 environment. Everything seems fine except that it takes at
> least
> 10 minutes to open our main software (which employs an Access database on
> the
> local server). On Win2k computers it takes about 20 seconds. I have
> disabled
> the firewall, are there other settings I need to change to allow the
> computer
> to open the file?

TRENDING THREADS