Computer / OS slows down to a stop....

stacj

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2011
Hello, my pc will sometimes just bog down for a few seconds then be perfectly fine. The HD light comes on, stays solid then goes out and everything is fast again. I notice this especially when I am running any game, online or not. I was told to turn off Service Indexing in Windows to see if that would help but it hasn't. Any help that can be offered will be greatly appreciated.

AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.47GHz
16 GB RAM
Win 7 x64
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 1.250 GB
ASUS Crosshair V Formula Motherboard

HD 1 - SSD 128GB
HD 2 - SATA 750GB

Everything is only 3 months old minus the CPU which is 10 months.

joemama069

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2011
hmm... tricky... i would say if your arent running much in the background that would be accessing the disks to maybe check for viruses they like to run in the background without your knowing and they are usually accessing your drives more then hogging ram and cpu resources... i work at a mom and pop computer shop and we run super-anti spyware, spybot search and destroy and occasionally malware bytes... they seem to clean everything up really nice

stacj

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2011
I used Avg Internet Security, Hitman Pro, Super Anti-Spyware, Spybot, and MalwareBytes. Granted I found Tracking Cookies but nothing else. It still bogs down.

stacj

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2011
Ok I have been running the games and checking the Resource Monitor and when the it bogs down, the CPU jumps to 80% usage from 50% and the Disk will spike to 100%. I don't see any specific programs jumping to the top of the list other than the game. What else should I be looking for?