Sign in with
Your question

Help me Build a i7 gamer

Last response: in Systems
August 2, 2010 6:22:18 PM

Hey guys, I want to make a nice computer that will play any game that is out today and for the next 2 or 3 years well. I'm the kind of guy who gets a new computer about every 5 years and my last one just died. I've decided to go with a computer that I can upgrade as it gets older, so I can keep it for longer.

Do you guys have any suggestions on a build for me?

I would like Intell i7, because I want to use this computer for gaming and other stuff like Movie editing and such.

Ive always preferred more RAM so 6 gbs would be nice.

I want a MoBo that leaves room for expansion.

I dont care about bluray drives or anything.

nice graphics are necessary.

I dont know much about Overclocking, so you'll have to be the judge of that. But keep in mind I want to keep this comp for a long time.

And my budget is between 900 and 1000.

I can build it myself, and I think I'd rather that, but if its cheaper on cyperpowerpc.com that'd be fine

Thanks in advance!

More about : build gamer

August 2, 2010 6:56:14 PM

It'd be cheaper to build yourself.

You're looking at an i7-930, GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R motherboard, GTX460 1gb, 6gb ddr3 1600 (3x2gb sticks), samsung spinpoint f3, OCZ power supply (only reccomend them b/c they are on huge discounts right now on newegg), whichever mid-tower case you happen to like best or whatever is on sale

-Stock heatsink that comes with i7 is fine for stock clocks, i'd generally reccomend to biuld the computer first and get everything working 100%... then if yo uwant to overclock from there you can pickup a heatsink/thermal grease for that.

As always , newegg should be your starting point... look for combo deals on there too.
August 2, 2010 6:59:58 PM

thanks a bunch!!
!