Tags:
  • Power Supplies
  • Cooler Master
  • Cases
  • Fan
  • Components
Last response: in Components
October 7, 2010 7:52:46 AM

The last build I did was cooler master scout case. I was surprised the fan case wiring wasn't design to plug directly into the motherboard (3pin). It was just a standard 4 pin power supply molex connection. So no fan control, which is gey. Anyway, I just ordered a HAF X to replace my old bastardized case for my main machine. I'm expecting the same situation. I like my machine to be dead quiet at times. Anyone run into this and come up with a solution for fan speed control?

More about : haf case fan mod

a b ) Power supply
October 7, 2010 3:33:48 PM

Not all fans need to be controlled if they're already quiet. Otherwise buy a fan controller.

Oh, and "gay" stopped being an insult when you're 6 years old - grow up.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
October 7, 2010 3:42:02 PM

Agreed with LePhuronn, a fan controller would be the ideal solution. Most motherboards don't have enough system fan headers to accomodate the number of fans installed in modern gaming rigs anyway, hence the reason for the molex connection becoming more and more popular.
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !

Best solution

a b ) Power supply
October 9, 2010 9:06:56 PM

Hey having just built a HAF X case, you will be pleased to know that the case fans come with a standard 4 pin molex adapter and it's standard connection is the 3-pin style for your motherboard. No modification needed!
October 16, 2010 1:32:01 AM

Best answer selected by poofypants.
m
l
October 16, 2010 1:32:45 AM

Yeh this case does come with the adapters. The scouts don't thou. Cool.
m
l
November 4, 2011 4:51:48 PM

Any of you guys have a second 230 fan installed above the stock bays...if so is there a way to mount permanently with a bracket etc...if so where and how do you go about mounting it...have seen duel 230 fans in the front...
m
l