Somebody with a voice modem can help me!

Tags:
  • Configuration
  • Modem
  • Windows XP
May 2, 2005 4:44:13 PM

Community: somebody with

-a VOICE modem in his PC
-a cell telephon or a second phone line

can help me making a simple test. Thanks a lot!

How can I know if my modem is a VOICE modem?
look at the modem diagnostics query result (from the Control Panel -> Modem
and Phone options -> Modems -> Properties -> Diagnostics). If the query
response for AT#CLS fails then it is not a voice modem.

TEST(no cost/no money):
-connect your regular telephone line to RJ11 connector on your voice modem
-execute dialer.exe (program files/Windows NT/dialer.exe)
-configure dialer: Edition/Options/Lines/Telephonic calls->your voice modem)
-make a call from the cell to the regular telephone line

and then...having an incoming voice call, appears a dialog box in the
upper-left corner of your screen??
HANG UP the cell.... dissappears the dialog box?? is the action fast??

If the dialog box works like a popoup I am going to buy a voice modem.

Thanks and greetings

Anchelbit
--
anchelbit
anchelbit@hotmail.com.(donotspam)

More about : voice modem

Anonymous
May 3, 2005 6:28:26 PM

A little mistake, if AT#CLS=8 is voice modem, if no, it isn´t.

Case closed: I got a voice modem and ... dialer.exe works.

Regards

!