Sign in with
Your question

Slow Boot and Windows Performance

Last response: in Systems
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
August 2, 2010 7:25:25 PM

Hi.
I've bought a new system,and I was able to install Windows XP Professional to it.However,whenever I try to move a window or scroll down a long text, it moves very slowly and laggy.
While opening and closing whindows,a small square near the cursor shows the previous window for a second.When holding the left mouse button to draw a selection,the shape drawn is laggy
as well.
I tried connecting another HDD with functioning OS to see if it was a software problem,but the problems occured again,so I guess it is a hardware problem?
Here is my system specs:

Asus P7P55D-E Deluxe motherboard
i7 860
Asus GTX 470
2 GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600 Mhz Cl9 (two sticks) - (KHX1600C9D3/2G)
Seagate 500 GB SATA
Thermaltake 650 Watt Toughpower
Samsung Dvd RW SATA
LG Flatron L1960SR 19" monitor
APC 1000 Watt UPS

Other problems I encountered:

-During the first boot,the system didn't start.Solved that by intalling the Rams from A2-B2 to A1-B1 slots.
-When I attempted installing the driver for the graphics card from the CD given with the card,it said the driver wasn't qualified for windows XP and if the installation wouldn't
be aborted,it could make the system malfaunction.However on the CD it says it IS for WinXP 32 as well.

I've tried connecting my old ATI x1600 to see if anything would change,but it didn't.
Now I have no idea to do,nor know which component is causing the problem.=(

Thanks for the help...

More about : slow boot windows performance

August 2, 2010 7:34:08 PM

It sounds like a problem with your video card driver. You need to uninstall your video driver and download the current drivers from Nvidia or AMD. I'm a little confuses about what video card you are actually using. I think if you get this problem straight, it should fix the problem you are having.
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
August 2, 2010 7:46:02 PM

Well,I couldn't install the driver at all.I am not very familiar to drivers actually,but I guess one has to install the driver,or does the card auto install its driver when installed?

Anyway,the problem did not go away when I replaced it with my earlier card...
Related resources
August 2, 2010 8:13:07 PM

You have to install the correct driver for the video card that you are installing. The system will not auto install the driver for you.
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
August 3, 2010 6:18:01 AM

Ati x1600 was my old card.
Gtx 470 is the new one.

I couldn't install from the VGA driver CD for GTX 470.It says the "driver is not qualified for windows logo."

!