Solved

Video Editing/Media PC

Hey there. My last build died on me due to a brownout. Since the PSU is gone, I've decided to just start a new. I'm going to be keeping the parts that work - the ram (DDR2 566 if possible), the 2 1TB harddrives, and the video cad (GeForce 8800 GT).

That build, with a dual-core AMD would render 480p video at ~15 FPS, which is way too low for me. Hopefully a new build will atleast get it to 30 FPS.

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: ASAP

BUDGET RANGE: $600 After rebates

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Video editing, gaming (CSS, SC2, etc.)

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: Hard drive, RAM, Monitor, GPU, Case, Mouse, Keyboard, OS (Windows 7 64 Bit), Speakers

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: Newegg

COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: US

PARTS PREFERENCES: No preference. Preferably quad-core if possible.

OVERCLOCKING: Maybe

SLI OR CROSSFIRE: No

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1400x900
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about video editing media
  1. If Video Editing is your thing then forget AMD and get an i7 Lynnfield CPU. Dont worry about SLI but make sure you have a board with RAID 0 capability. 4 GB RAM is enough.
  2. This isn't like insane "I run a YouTube show and film at 1080p" video editing, just simple webcam 480p (preferably later to be 720p shot with a camera) -> simple transitions in Sony Vegas -> YouTube.

So I don't think I'll be needing an i7. I'm pretty sure that Vegas utilizes all cores, so an AMD 4-core will do me fine, no?
  3. Best answer
    Yes in fact one could hit a 1055T + after market cooler and clock away for monster bang for buck :P $478AR
  4. Is a six-core processor necessary though? I've heard that they perform worse in gaming than quad-cores.
  5. On games that make full use of more cores they are better else the good OC capability of the 1055T (and hence the after mkt cooler) would make up for it ^^
  6. That's true. And hopefully more game engines will be coded to utilize multiple-cores in the future. I think I'm gonna buy this set though, looks good. :)
  7. Ya happy shopping/building ^^
  8. Best answer selected by ShaneRider.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems Product