UT GOTY on Linux: texts are English though Language=frt

Hi.

I've installed Unreal Tournament (GOTY) on my (Gentoo) Linux box. There
are a couple of strange things that happen; for instance I've changed my
User.ini file for French language but only the announcer and menu are
French. While playing, texts are still English (i.e. HUD, displayed
messages, notes, information, aso).

Is there a specific change to apply to get messages also displayed in
French (like in Windows :-s)?

Thanks for any hint/suggestion.

Vince C.

Meltdown

Vince C. enlightened us with:
> Is there a specific change to apply to get messages also displayed in
> French (like in Windows :-s)?

I never tried using another language - the first thing I do is toss
away those translation files. Make sure you still have the .fra (or
something like that) files in your System dir.

Another idea: what does the console commands "echo $LANG" and "locale"
produce?

MeltDown
! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
!Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.

"MeltDown" <meltdownUSE@YOURunrealtower.imagination.org> a écrit dans le
message de news:slrncin6r8.mls.meltdownUSE@sybren.thirdtower.com...
[...]
> I never tried using another language - the first thing I do is toss
> away those translation files. Make sure you still have the .fra (or
> something like that) files in your System dir.
>
> Another idea: what does the console commands "echo $LANG" and "locale"
> produce?

Thanks, MeltDown. Do you mean UT or Linux console?

Vince C.

"MeltDown" <meltdownUSE@YOURunrealtower.imagination.org> a écrit dans le
message de news:slrncin6r8.mls.meltdownUSE@sybren.thirdtower.com...
[...]
> Another idea: what does the console commands "echo $LANG" and "locale"
> produce?

locale results show every locale is fr_FR or fr_FR@euro, except LC_ALL,
which is blank. I'll post more accurate results for I'm not in front of my
Gentoo Linux PC for now.

Vince C.

Vince C. wrote:
> "MeltDown" <meltdownUSE@YOURunrealtower.imagination.org> a écrit dans le
> message de news:slrncin6r8.mls.meltdownUSE@sybren.thirdtower.com...
> [...]
>
>>Another idea: what does the console commands "echo $LANG" and "locale"
>>produce?

Here they are:

$ echo $LANG
fr_FR

$ locale
LANG=fr_FR
LC_CTYPE=fr_BE@euro
LC_NUMERIC="fr_FR"
LC_TIME="fr_FR"
LC_COLLATE="fr_FR"
LC_MONETARY="fr_FR"
LC_MESSAGES="fr_FR"
LC_PAPER="fr_FR"
LC_NAME="fr_FR"
LC_ADDRESS="fr_FR"
LC_TELEPHONE="fr_FR"
LC_MEASUREMENT="fr_FR"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="fr_FR"
LC_ALL=

Vince C.

Meltdown

Vince C. enlightened us with:
> Here they are:

Hmm... looks good. Sorry, I'm out of options! I always like things to
be in English, even though it's not my native language. Same with
movies - I prefer original language, with subtitles if needed.

MeltDown a écrit :
> Vince C. enlightened us with:
>
>>Here they are:
>

> Hmm... looks good. Sorry, I'm out of options! I always like things to
> be in English, even though it's not my native language. Same with
> movies - I prefer original language, with subtitles if needed.

Never mind. I'll try deleting *.int files for which I already have a
..frt equivalent.

Thanks for your help.
Vince C.