Toshiba External Drive USB 3.0 not recognised

Hello,
Any help people...my Toshiba external drive cannot be read by any computer, I see it under Disk Management but not in windows explorer. Cant get it in command prompt either because no letter is assigned to it. Yet I can safely remove it :(
Any ideas? Ann
3 answers Last reply
More about toshiba external drive recognised
  1. Hello,

Go to Disk Management, and upload a screenshot of Disk Management dialog box, so we can see exactly how Windows OS recognized this external drive.

It may be as simple as assigning a DriveLetter to the Volume to have Windows Explorer see it, or much more major.
  2. Hello

Thanks for the response :)

Cant upload a screenshot but Disk Management shows it as "Disk 1, Unknown, Not Initialized" then shows the size of disk and "unallocated". When I right click on it, and try to initialize, it says something about "Data error (Cyclic Redundancy check)"

How can I fix this? :(
  3. Prcs said:
    Hello

Thanks for the response :)

Cant upload a screenshot but Disk Management shows it as "Disk 1, Unknown, Not Initialized" then shows the size of disk and "unallocated". When I right click on it, and try to initialize, it says something about "Data error (Cyclic Redundancy check)"

How can I fix this? :(

This disk probably has the partition table corrupted and reports no disk signature set in the MBR.

Download and install the EaseUS Partition Master on your C: drive, to see if it will recognize and establish the partition table, disk signature, and MBR signature. Here is the website: www.partition-tool.com/personal.htm

If that is not successful, then you will need a data recovery application to extract as many files as possible from this disk to a fully functional one.

Here are two very good Data recovery programs to consider if needed:

www.easeus.com/datarecoverywizard/
    http://www.****/product/
Ask a new question

Read More

Hard Drives Toshiba Disk Management External Drive Storage