tool to make a database or gallery of my digital photographs

Last response: in Digital Camera
December 26, 2004 12:20:14 AM

I have quite a few GBs of digitial photographs taken over a few years. I
am thinking of archiving them (saving them on CDs or DVDs from my hard
disk). I was wondering if there are applications that can aid in this.

I could just dump the photographs onto CDs or DVDs by putting them in
appropriately named directories. However, what would be more userful
would be an application that makes a browsable database of the images
such that they are browsable directly from the CD.

The only limitation is that the program be open source and fully
supported in Linux and the database be browsable in any OS (well, at
least in Windows in addition to Linux).

Thanks,
->HS
Anonymous
December 26, 2004 2:17:32 PM

The are quite a lot of programs that can help. My favorite is Thumbs
Plus 2000 (www.verious.com). Very "professional" (not too easy to use,
because of it's rich features). It can work with real SQL database servers.

-Michael
Anonymous
December 27, 2004 12:47:24 PM

> Thumbs Plus 2000 (www.verious.com). Very "professional" (not too easy to use,

Sorry, Typo: (www.cerious.com)

-Michael
Anonymous
December 29, 2004 12:21:00 PM

A quick "apt-cache search album" on Debian showed me that cthumb is
probably what you're looking for.

--

http://ourdoings.com/ Let your digital photos organize themselves.
Sign up today for a 7-day free trial.