Tags:
  • Power Supplies
  • Cooler Master
  • OCZ
  • Components
  • Product
Last response: in Components
October 7, 2010 9:01:29 PM

Hello, I'm new and i wanted to ask you'r opinion on whats better PSU. The OCZ ModXStream Pro OCZ600MXSP 600W or the COOLER MASTER Silent Pro M600. The reason is because I'm going to buy one but don't know which one to get. Thanks in advance

More about : deciding psu

October 7, 2010 9:16:19 PM

I don't trust OCZ, and Cooler master is known to have not bad psu's ...

I'd go with Cooler Master ...
m
l
October 7, 2010 9:20:00 PM

hmmm...... I would personally prefer the OCZ out of those two.

why don't you let us know what your pc specs are. what you plan to do in the future with the system and what your budget is for a PSU
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b ) Power supply
October 7, 2010 9:48:35 PM

The cooler master silent pro series are quite good not as good are the premium guys but better then the ocz
October 8, 2010 2:14:09 AM

trying to build a gaming pc that can also do some work on 3d max, specs are asus asus m4a78t-e, cpu: phenom II x2 black edition am3, ram undecided, hard drive a spare 120gb, case thermaltake v3 or v5, stock heat sink for now. no vidoe card for now might get one in a few month after build dont know what but its going to be ati mid to high end card my budget for the psu is no more than 70
m
l
October 9, 2010 11:19:31 AM

I have built alot a computers and used many different brands of PSU. The best ones in my opinion are Corsair. They are very well built, stable, efficient, reasonably priced and above all v. quite. The coolermaster ones are well built and stable but very loud in my experience. The wattage of the unit will depend largely on the selected graphics card. I wouldn't get the PSU until you know which card you are going to be using. Its suprising what a 400-500W PSU can do! I wouldn't go mad on Wattage.
m
l
a c 275 ) Power supply
October 9, 2010 4:32:57 PM

obsidian86 said:
The cooler master silent pro series are quite good not as good are the premium guys but better then the ocz

I have a ModXtreme 600w and it's good and would be no problem imo.
However i do agree with obsidian86 the CM Silent Pro line is a little better.
m
l
October 9, 2010 6:51:21 PM

well thanks every one im going to get the cooler master since its on sale on newegg plus its 600w just in case i ever need it
m
l
October 19, 2010 1:24:01 AM

Best answer selected by abe16to16.
m
l
!