Fix-It Utilities5 worth it with XP..?

Was going to reinstall XP with Fix-It Utilities5.... Any coments on its worth
from anyone?

--
Much thanks and appreciation for anyones help/input with this matter.

When it comes to things like "Fix-It", the adage comes to mind...

"An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure".

If you don't want to invest the time and effort to keep your system healthy,
then it is better than nothing at all, but only marginally so. Besides, a
product like that is reduced to the lowest common denominator, and thus
allows you very little control over what it does. Better to be proactive,
and do your own housecleaning and keep your computer operating the way you
want.

In short...my vote is "no".

Bobby

"NoExpertdude" <NoExpertsomeone@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Was going to reinstall XP with Fix-It Utilities5.... Any coments on its
> worth
> from anyone?
>
> --
> Much thanks and appreciation for anyones help/input with this matter.

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I've been using various versions of Fix-It since Win98 and would recommend
it to any one that asks. Also, if you have a copy of PowerDesk use it too,
it is superior to any version of Windows Explorer.

"NoExpertdude" <NoExpertsomeone@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Was going to reinstall XP with Fix-It Utilities5.... Any coments on its
> worth
> from anyone?
>
> --
> Much thanks and appreciation for anyones help/input with this matter.

I've seen such things described as "toys" and to be honest, I agree. It
boils down to this: If you know enough to fix problems and prevent them from
happening in the first place, you don't need this software; and if you don't
know enough, you shouldn't be using software that tampers with (or advises
you to tamper with) your system. There is no substitute for learning how to
do things right the first time.

Modem Ani

"NoExpertdude" <NoExpertsomeone@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Was going to reinstall XP with Fix-It Utilities5.... Any coments on its
> worth
> from anyone?
>
> --
> Much thanks and appreciation for anyones help/input with this matter.

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Better get the latest edition of PC Magazine where they have a review of
many utilities. Fix-it is on their list of usable/compatible programs.