Availibility of LGA1567 Motherboards

maw12

Distinguished
May 31, 2011
Hey all,

So I have browsed these forums for years both for personal and business use and have almost always found the answers I needed. Now it seems I cannot, and I would greatly appreciate any help.

I have been tasked with building 2 new workstations at work, with the request that we incorporate dual 8-core processors in them. Ideally, it would be nice to be able to upgrade to 4 processors in each at some point.

So I picked out the Intel Xeon E7-4830 which happens to be compatible with Intel's LGA 1567 socket. However, I cannot find any motherboard online that is an LGA 1567 socket. A quick google search turns up one by SuperMicro that does not appear to actually be in stock at many places.

Does anyone know about the availability of these motherboards? Or is there something I am missing?

Thanks
Matt

First of all understand that the LGA 1567 is designed for an MP or multi processor (4 or more processors) environment. While you can put only 2 on a board if you are looking for only 2 processors move to the Intel® Xeon® 56XX series processors and the S5500 boards for support. While you might find platforms (board and chassis) for the LGA 1567 from Supermicro most of the time support for these processors are handled by system builders like HP or Dell. At this time in the Intel Xeon 56XX tops out at a 6 core/12 thread support so if you are set on 8 cores you may need to wait till later in the year.

Christian Wood
Intel Enthusiast Team

Robert Urantia

Reputable
Jul 13, 2015
Whoops gave negative. Good reply Matt! There are lots of these cpu's available cheap cause of lack of motherboard choices operating systems. Like windows 7 & 8-10 rather than just server operating systems.

Manish Tewari

Reputable
Jul 10, 2014

http://www.amazon.com/X8QB6-F-Server-Motherboard-Chipset-LGA-1567/dp/B005B0J0CI

TRENDING THREADS