Looking for USB powered fan/ way to mount it

Randomacts

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2010

No no...

Not that kind of mount =p

I want to put the fan ABOVE the case.. I might be able to drill something above it to mount it.. its a wooden desk.

Randomacts

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2010

Its ok I'm in no rush.. haha I know the computer can "run" it did last time I had the graphics hard and PSU in there.. before it got RMAed due to the PSU failing :lol:
And it was a cosair too haha..

To long of a story to tell here.. but anyways...

I'm going to take a picture but I want it above the computer not below.

Also I meant I want it to turn off when the computer goes into sleepmode... *A 30 min delay would be even better but if it can't happen w/e*

I don't turn the computer off that often..

I was also looking for suggestions if there is other USB powered fans that would work better....

Well be right back with pictures =p

Randomacts

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2010
Ok I got the pictures.. :hello:

This is where the pc is.. yes I the door mostly stays open. If not just for the fact that I can't close it with the headphones plugged it =p.

2rqjdqt.jpg

I want to mount the fan on the roof the the cubby and exaust to the hole in the back.

2a9tibk.jpg

What is the best way to mount it?

And where would the most cooling come from with placing it.. should I place it in the middle, should I place it in the back... Should I place it in the front.. ect.

Also once that is done I will want a way for the USB fan to turn off when the computer goes into sleepmode.. *To get rid of all noise* A 30 min delay would be best but I will live without if I can get it to turn off when computer goes into sleep mode.

Randomacts

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2010

I don't feel like cutting the case.. I'll stick with the usb... but I need a way to mount it to the top.

Also it is good to know the usbs are turned off in sleep mode. ;)

Randomacts

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2010

Na I like the bigger one from the same company better =p...

Anyways thats less of a issue atm..

I'm more worried about mounting it...

Oh and I just got my replacement psu/graphics card installed...

It only took 2 hours...

*1 hour and 45min of that was trying to get the washer out of the PSU... *sigh* *

Randomacts

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2010

Well I'm going to use electric tape because its the same color as the case *Black*.

And ya I have had the idea of taping it for awhile

Randomacts

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2010

Na I'm no longer taping it to the roof.. I'm just gona tape it on the unit itself.. The tape keeps it from falling over =)

Heck if its stable enough I won't even put tape on.