Solved

Installed radeon 5670

Hello,
I installed a new ATI card. I couldn't get it to see the card...so i uninstalled the onboard drivers and disabled to pci only in bios...now neither will work! with no monitor i cant do anything...what r my options? PLZ HELP! :(
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about installed radeon 5670
  1. Reset bios to go back to onboard. Did you set it to PCI or PCIexpress?
  2. rolli59 said:
    Reset bios to go back to onboard. Did you set it to PCI or PCIexpress?

Hey! Nice car BTW!
    I reset by removing battery. So I am back up, but I can't get it to see the stupid new card I just got...any thoughts? Info is everywhere for this card, but I can't get any of them to work! Beginning to get pissed!
  3. There have been some issues with new PCIexpress x16 v2.1 in older v1.x motherboards can you post all your specs so we can see if that is a possible problem. Then again there is always a chance that the card is DOA.
  4. rolli59 said:
    There have been some issues with new PCIexpress x16 v2.1 in older v1.x motherboards can you post all your specs so we can see if that is a possible problem. Then again there is always a chance that the card is DOA.

Hey Rolli!
    Had it boxed up to return...I've tried everything 10x, and keep getting the same errors and mis-boots(freezing on start-up, blank screen freeze, and my personal fav...No signal/no display!) as everyone else on here.
    ...and yes its an older (2007) motherboard.
    Here are my specs...
    gateway GM5661E (acpi x86)
    windows 7/dx 6
    500g wd ata 7200 rpm/ntfs
    pwr-delta 300w
    intel core 2 duo/2200 mhz/800 mhz front/200 mhz extrn
    3 gb ddr2
    megatrend Bio
    board-ecs 945g-nm uatx
    1 pci xp x1
    1 pci xp x16
    2 convent pci
    Integrated Intel 82945g exp chip (drivers 9/09)/realtek HD Audio
    avermedia ntsc/atsc tv tuner card (uninstalled. needed both bays for 5670)
    card is oem ati hd radeon 5670 dx 11 / 1 GB DDR5/manu biostar/sigma gate/ box says nvidia gforce, but card is ATI

Any help would be greatly appreciated or it goes home 2morrow!
    Thanks in advance!
    :heink:
  5. Best answer
    OEM´s are notorious with problems with the new cards. Maybe a card like HD4670 would be a better solution.
  6. Thanks Rolli!
    That's what I get for trying to save literally $15...
    Ill return...Sounds like a plan!
    Thanks again! :)
  7. Best answer selected by Tteexx22.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Radeon Graphics