task manager disabled

when I press ctrl-alt-del, i get an error that says 'task manager has been
disabled by your administrator'. i cannot find anything on the windows
knowledge base re disabling task manager. also, I only have one user on my
home pc, and it is the admin. anyone know how to turn it back on?
3 answers Last reply
More about task manager disabled

    Try installing xp cd,exit the info page,then go to run,type:cmd In cmd
    type:Sfc /Scannow When its thru type:CHKDSK C: /F Agree to restart,
    then type:EXIT Remove cd,restart computer.

    "lferron" wrote:

    > when I press ctrl-alt-del, i get an error that says 'task manager has been
    > disabled by your administrator'. i cannot find anything on the windows
    > knowledge base re disabling task manager. also, I only have one user on my
    > home pc, and it is the admin. anyone know how to turn it back on?

    It's usually spyware/ junkware that sets this Reg_Dword decimal value to 1
    Set it to 0

    DisableTaskMgr
    HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "lferron" wrote:
    | when I press ctrl-alt-del, i get an error that says 'task manager has been
    | disabled by your administrator'. i cannot find anything on the windows
    | knowledge base re disabling task manager. also, I only have one user on
    my
    | home pc, and it is the admin. anyone know how to turn it back on?

    Click Start, Run and type this command exactly as given below: (better - Copy
    and paste)
    REG add HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v
    DisableTaskMgr /t REG_DWORD

    "lferron" wrote:

    > when I press ctrl-alt-del, i get an error that says 'task manager has been
    > disabled by your administrator'. i cannot find anything on the windows
    > knowledge base re disabling task manager. also, I only have one user on my
    > home pc, and it is the admin. anyone know how to turn it back on?

Configuration Microsoft Task Manager Windows XP