Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Wd external hard drive the file or directory is corrupted and unreadable

Last response: in Storage
October 23, 2012 7:52:49 PM

Hello, I have WD external HD, but to my surprise this evening I could not open it, it only display this message "The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable" please your assistance is highly welcome. Thanks Abdul Hamid

Best solution

a c 324 G Storage
October 23, 2012 10:28:11 PM

That can happen when the master boot record is corrupted, often by disconnecting while a write has not completed. You may be able to recover files from the drive with Recuva or another recovery program. It is also worth trying to attach it to a different USB port, try one on the motherboard back plate.
July 18, 2013 11:07:43 AM

Hai dokas, I have wd external, if u have password protected one you have to do following......
just re install wd software( its already in ur hard drive for manage password) in ur pc because its corrupted or its not working properly, so reinstall and log in again with our password, you should unlock ur hard drive first. i think its help full for your problem
Score
Related resources
October 17, 2013 12:19:32 PM

Hi
I have the same problem , and when you try to download program asks the expense and I do not have an account you can help me load the program with thanks
Score
October 17, 2013 12:26:47 PM

Hi Jacob_Spears
I have the same problem , and when you try to download program asks the expense and I do not have an account you can help me load the program with thanks
Score
!