9800 GT GREEN Edition not workin PLS HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilem_WAR246810

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2009
My PALIT 9800 GT 1 GB GREEN EDITION has a tendency to WORK FINE for a few month STRAIGHT and SUDDENLY stopsworking like once in a few months. The length of time it doesn't work can last for a hours. I know its the videocard bcoz when I plug the VGA into the mobo's onboard video it will work but not with the videocard.

That was the time wen I had a stupid 600 watt GENERIC PSU but now I've upgraded to a Coolermaster EX390 bcoz the 600watt died. Hoping the 9800 GT will hav enough power this time.

I used a PSU calculator and my entire system:

Intel Pentium DUal Core E5400 @ 2.7 GHz
2 GB RAM
Intel Dg31pr
2 HDD's SATA
9800 GT(mentioned)

requires 344 watts. Now, if I go to PALIT site as well as Nvidia site, it says it requires 400 watts, but wat I've got is a green edition so maybe a lack of 10 watts won't hurt.

After upgrading to my EX390, my 9800 GT suddenly stopped workin after a few weeks agen. It won't work for like 3 hours so I hurried to send it for waranty servicing so that they'll immediately notice that it doesn't work.

I sent it for warranty servicing and they tell me it WORKS FINE, I explain to them that it really works fine and suddenly stops workin and then fine agen but they won't believe me.

SO the main question is:

Is it the video card's fault or my EX390 PSU?

I mean, if the videocard works absolutely fine for a few weeks/months(RAN DMC4,Crysis Warhead,Gears of War, Assassin's Creed 2 FINE!) doesn't that alredy mean that my EX390 can handle it?

OH, BTW THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO 'Nvidia sentinel reporting not enough power' error here

If its my PSU, I'll try to sell my EX390 and earn to buy an EX460. my EX390 has two +12v's with total of 34 A, thats GOT to be enough ryt? should I count the -12v's and the 5v's? LOL

but if its my videocard, I'll try to convince the guyz at the warranty service to replace it(wish me luck!)

wilem_WAR246810

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2009
the videocard worked with one of the shop's machines and I even brought it home. I even tested it a few minutes ago with Call of Duty World at War and Modern Warfare 2 and it worked fine now.

But I can bet it will suddenly stop working agen in a week or a month or sumthing. My warranty will end in Nov 2010.

Wat do u think is the real culprit?

wilem_WAR246810

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2009

yeah, I've noticed but they won't accept my 9800 GT green and my current PSU has no 6 pin.

If I sell my 9800 GT to someone else, it myt get buggy again. If I actually manage to sell it, wat other NON 6 PIN videocards can u suggest?

BTW, are other 9800GT Green's working like that too? like it doesn't work for no damm reason?

wilem_WAR246810

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2009
WOW I DIDN't know that exists!

if I sell this videocard, maybe it'll get buggy with whoever I sold it too, so I don't think selling it is a good option......any other ways to fix this sort of SUDDENLY not working then WORKING AGAIN issue?

frozentundra123456

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2009
I have been using a PNY 9800GT low power edition on a 300 watt power supply for six months without any issues. I am so far happy with the card. Now I am somewhat apprehensive because I had not heard before that it was common for the card to have issues.

In regards to the OP, when the card quits working, have you tried uninstalling the drivers, running driver sweeper, and reinstalling a driver you were using when the card worked properly?? Maybe your drivers become corrupted or a new driver is causing problems.

wilem_WAR246810

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2009
oh hell yes, I've reinstalled it EVERYTIME it stops working and did all that uninstall drivers then analyze and clean with driversweeper and reinstalling! I've tried TIGHTENING the card even PUSHING it back in NO LUCK, wen the card decides to rest it f@cking rests!

raiyus13

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2010
Yeah i have the same card,it started showing problems after 3 days of purchase.....like some kind of weired lines were coming on my screen........but then i replaced it.....palit warranty service is really very good :D got a new one in 4 days......... :lol:

i think you should go for the warranty as well it's the best option........best of luck

thphaca

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2010
I've never had those problems and I'm on a 350w PSU. I use the Sparkle 9800 GT EE and it's quite stable. If it's not the GPU or the PSU... well I don't want to say it's the mobo, but that's probably the next culprit.

wilem_WAR246810

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2009

Yeah, I've honestly been thinkin its the mobo or more precisely, my mobo's PCI-express slot, if the videocard stops workin agen I shall send this whole tower to a shop to get it checked HOPEFULLY by the time I get there it still doesn't work.

That's possible ryt? the PCI-express not workin?

but still, any other solutions aside from dat? maybe I hav to delete or move a driver file or sumthing

Status
Not open for further replies.