Starcraft 2 Computer (Budget in mind)

ep1k

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2010
Hey guys Im brand new and Im thinking of building my own computer as Ive heard it is much cheaper for quite a bit of power. I want to build a computer in order to play Starcraft 2 mainly.. heres the requirements
Windows® XP/Windows Vista®/Windows® 7 (Updated with the latest Service Packs) with DirectX® 9.0c
2.6 GHz Pentium® IV or equivalent AMD Athlon® processor
128 MB PCIe NVIDIA® GeForce® 6600 GT or ATI Radeon® 9800 PRO video card or better
12 GB available HD space
1 GB RAM (1.5 GB required for Windows Vista®/Windows® 7 users)
DVD-ROM drive
Broadband Internet connection
1024X720 minimum display resolution

I would really like to use the AMD Athlon II x3 440 processor as Ive read more than once that this card gives amazing performance for the price (unless you have a similar suggestion somewhat in the same price range)

ep1k

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2010
APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: Within 2 weeks

BUDGET RANGE: I would really like to keep it at 600

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: star craft 2, counter-strike, games, internet

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: i only require the tower

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: newegg or tiger

COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: USA...?

PARTS PREFERENCES: I would really like to use an AMD Athlon II x3 440 (I would also prefer to buy a computer capable of "HD" but if that pushes the cost of the gpu up too far, idk)

OVERCLOCKING: Maybe

SLI OR CROSSFIRE: No

MONITOR RESOLUTION: High Def?
ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: Pretty much set on getting the cpu i mentioned as it seems to be the best bang for the buck, now im really stuck esp on a mobo

welshmousepk

Distinguished
well can you tell us what monitor or tv you have?

really, it makes a big difference.

you're talking about needing a doubly powerful GPU if you are pushing 1080p.

now jsut going on best budget performance:

build1.png

this should do the trick.

EDIT: the text should just be readable. photbucket can be annoying at times though. let me know if you need me to resize it.

Oh, and if you need an OS as well, but cant fit it in on top of that, then i could could back a few dollars from the case and mobo.