Sign in with
Your question

Upgrading from ATI mobility Radeon X300 64MB(Dell Insp. 6000)

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 27, 2010 5:20:44 AM

Hello, Please am trying to update the graphic card of the above mentioned computer. My Adobe cs4 keep asking me to update while it transfer me to ATI Radeon site. But the update is not available at this site. I can't load computer soccer game on the system. I don't really know if i upgrade from 64MB to 128mb ATI Radeon X300 video card may be the video will improve. Please help. Or is there any way i can change to newer model of this graphic card?
a c 236 U Graphics card
June 27, 2010 5:41:36 AM

you cant update the video card in that dell laptop (most laptops can't be updated), its not even a card. its a chip on the motherboard.
m
l
a c 365 U Graphics card
June 27, 2010 8:16:25 AM

You need to buy a new laptop.
m
l
Related resources
June 28, 2010 2:45:50 AM

ct1615 said:
you cant update the video card in that dell laptop (most laptops can't be updated), its not even a card. its a chip on the motherboard.

So, what do you suggest that i should do now?
m
l
a c 236 U Graphics card
June 28, 2010 3:22:50 AM

is it asking you to update drivers or is it telling you your integrated graphics are below minimum spec?
m
l
July 26, 2010 3:25:58 PM

ct1615 said:
is it asking you to update drivers or is it telling you your integrated graphics are below minimum spec?

Hi, Am sorry for not replying on time. I just got frustrated by the computer. Now I tried to re-install window xp because it's not booting, still won't boot. I change the hard drive and repeat the same thing, no booting. A friend suggested it was the processor, but i haven't look into this. Please help me, because I paid $1800+ to dell in 2005 when I ordered this particular computer Dell Inspiron 6000 and i can't let go of it just like that. It still look good on the outside because i really maintain it. Please, What do i do?
m
l
!