Need help setting up ram and cpu settings

soknar

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2010
I have an intel i7-950, asus sabretooth x58 lga 1366, corsair dominator 6gb ddr3 1600, and an sapphire hd 5850 card. I used the overdrive feature to set the gpu and memory clock settings to 775 and 1,125 mhz. However, I'd like to do a little bit with my other stuff. I also kept reading that the ram isn't set to 1600 either. I need help with some of these.

What operating system are you using? If you are using XP 32 bit it will only show you 4GB of memory, if you are using Windows Vista or 7 it should report the full amount of memory you have even if it cannot access it all.

You will want to go into BIOS and set your memory speed, timings, and voltages manually to make sure it is running at the correct settings.

soknar

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2010

I'm using Windows 7 64-bit. I went into BIOS and changed something to XMP or something like that. It automatically changed the voltages and the dram values to 1600. Is the Hyperthreading a bad thing to have enabled? My main purpose is gaming, but I do like to have multiple open applications at a time. They aren't like actual intense application software. It's just websites, maybe games, etc...

soknar

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2010

The other one was DOCP where the cpu and ram was set to 3146/2006mhz. It was scary though. the dram voltage automatically set itself into a danger zone. It was red at 2. I was scaling it back, but I definitely didn't want to mess with it. I'm not sure if it would've worked anyways. It even indicated that the motherboard could be damaged.

TRENDING THREADS