intel dg33fb mobo
intel c2duo e4500 2.2ghz
radeon hd 5670
1 case fan...
1 dvd drive
1 segate barracuda 250gb hdd

my psu is dead.....
i'm going with fsp saga II 500 watt
http://fsplifestyle.com/en/booster_a.asp?pro_catId=17&c...

i think it's got dual 12V rails......
now i think that to use two rails i should have dual 4-pin connectors on my motherboard and to my info i have not two,just have one,so will i be able to use power from dual rails of PSU?
please be detailed......
and i want as many opinions as i can have.....

More about : choosing psu

October 8, 2010 3:24:32 PM

Wow there's been a lot of this type of request lately, lol

It doesn't say how much, and I know little about that company. Can you order parts from an e-store like Newegg or similar? all you really need is a good quality 350 to 400 watt power supply. Or perhaps 500 watts if your planning on a beefier graphics card. When I say good quality, I mean power supplies from highly regarded manufacturers like Corsair, Seasonic, and Antec.
October 8, 2010 3:29:02 PM

sportsfanboy said:
Wow there's been a lot of this type of request lately, lol

It doesn't say how much, and I know little about that company. Can you order parts from an e-store like Newegg or similar? all you really need is a good quality 350 to 400 watt power supply. Or perhaps 500 watts if your planning on a beefier graphics card. When I say good quality, I mean power supplies from highly regarded manufacturers like Corsair, Seasonic, and Antec.

my main question is that if i can use dual 12V rails or not.......
Related resources
October 8, 2010 3:33:17 PM

No the psu will draw from the rails as needed. Has nothing to do with the motherboard connectors. The connection on the motherboard is generally if it has 4,6, or 8 phase design.

Best solution

a c 248 ) Power supply
October 8, 2010 3:36:30 PM

Most of the connectors from the PSU draw 12V power, for a two rail PSU they will usually put the CPU and motherboard on one rail and the PCI-E connectors on the other rail to distribute the power fairly evenly. You dont need a special motherboard or anything to use a single or a multi rail PSU, they have already taken care of that in the PSU design so that they are interchangeable.
October 8, 2010 3:39:48 PM

sportsfanboy said:
No the psu will draw from the rails as needed. Has nothing to do with the motherboard connectors. The connection on the motherboard is generally if it has 4,6, or 8 phase design.

so are you saying that i can use dual 12V rails of psu because those dual rails don't have two connectors to fit in motherboard.....or if i have not got it all....just tell me if i can use dual 12V rails of psu or not????
October 8, 2010 3:43:27 PM

^ LOL, Hunter, and myself already said you can
October 8, 2010 3:44:35 PM

hunter315 said:
Most of the connectors from the PSU draw 12V power, for a two rail PSU they will usually put the CPU and motherboard on one rail and the PCI-E connectors on the other rail to distribute the power fairly evenly. You dont need a special motherboard or anything to use a single or a multi rail PSU, they have already taken care of that in the PSU design so that they are interchangeable.

actually i'm a novice and i didn't got you also....
just tell me if i can use those dual rails of psu or not?
October 8, 2010 3:46:31 PM

Seems like a little language barrier here. Yes, You can use dual rails
October 8, 2010 3:47:07 PM

sportsfanboy said:
^ LOL, Hunter, and myself already said you can

thank u very much sports fan boy.....
just want a confirm from hunter also to be sure.....
a c 248 ) Power supply
October 8, 2010 4:02:29 PM

It will work fine.
a b ) Power supply
October 11, 2010 1:28:36 AM

logdirects181 said:
my system:
intel dg33fb mobo
intel c2duo e4500 2.2ghz
radeon hd 5670
1 case fan...
1 dvd drive
1 segate barracuda 250gb hdd

my psu is dead.....
i'm going with fsp saga II 500 watt
http://fsplifestyle.com/en/booster_a.asp?pro_catId=17&c...

i think it's got dual 12V rails......
now i think that to use two rails i should have dual 4-pin connectors on my motherboard and to my info i have not two,just have one,so will i be able to use power from dual rails of PSU?
please be detailed......
and i want as many opinions as i can have.....

I don't know if that is a qaulity PSU but as far as your question goes, it will work fine. The end user will not tell the differnce between a single rail and a dual quad ect rail. *Unless that end user is a over clocker then they WILL =P*

Have you bought the PSU yet? If not I would really consider changing it to a differnt one from Seasoic Cosair or Antec.

For $25 or $10 after rebate you can get CORSAIR CMPSU-450VX 450W : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

*This only applies if you live in the US, if you don't live in the US please give us a retailer you can shop from and we will pick you one out.*
April 11, 2012 9:24:19 AM

Best answer selected by harsh117711.
!