Purchased through 3B Tech what a mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sticky775

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2010
I purchased a phenom 955 through 3B tech what a mistake that was I always buy from newegg or tigerdirect but thought I would try 3B tech because of a lower price I got all my other parts for a build from newegg when I put it together I had blue screen issues. I had to RMA back the MB harddrives talked with tech support etc. Ended up changing everything out accept the cpu and nothing helped so the obvious is the cpu. It took about 2 weeks to get this far. I had to fill out an RMA form and wait for 3B Tech to get back to me. They said WE CANNOT TAKE BACK A RETAIL CPU!. I did not get an invoice and there is no way to get one from thier website like newegg and tigerdirect etc. AMD wants this info and 3B tech will not help imagine that! I cannot believe it these sellers make newegg and direct shine REAL brite I'll tell you. I would hate to see someone else go through this also so just a heads up. Have to go to credit card way for help. Thank you newegg and tigerdirect that we have sellers like you!

3BTech Computers

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2010
Unfortunately Retail Box processors only have a 7 day DOA warranty as a retail item through 3BTech. Retail Box CPU's have such a ridiculous reliability rating that warranting them for more than 7 days is unnecessary. I have yet to see a defective retail box CPU get returned to 3BTech in 3 years.

This particular customer has had the product for over three weeks. We have offered free technical support to help sort out his problem which he has not taken advantage of. Most likely the board he has does not support the CPU without a BIOS update. All he would need to do is have a local shop update that for him and I am pretty sure he would be good to go. Unfortunately, since he wont share with us any details on the motherboard he purchased through Newegg, we are not even sure if it will work or not at this point.

We have kindly pointed him to AMD, who will honor the warranty as the manufacturer. 3BTech has provided an invoice, both in the box and via PDF over email the second he asked for it. It is a fairly high probability that they will send the CPU back to our customer as non-defective.

CPU's can not be returned for a refund once they are opened. Our terms of service agreement clearly states that so our customers understand. This is not dissimilar from other major online vendors such as Tiger Direct or Newegg.

Thank you and I am sorry for any misunderstanding,

3BTech

Status
Not open for further replies.