Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

H50

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
a b U Graphics card
June 27, 2010 5:18:28 PM

hi guys
i asked this in overclocking section of this forum but no one knows this..
how is this corsair h50
http://www.corsair.com/products/h50/default.aspx
water cooler.. i mean howz its performance and is it worth INR 4400?
http://www.theitwares.com/corsair-cooling-hydro-series-...

More about : h50

a b U Graphics card
June 27, 2010 6:50:23 PM

???
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
June 27, 2010 6:53:20 PM

The H50 is a good cooler, has proven to cool down quad core CPU's quite well but you can also opt for something cheaper that will give you the same results.
Related resources
a c 195 U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
June 27, 2010 6:56:30 PM

there are many air coolers that are cheaper and give superior results. the cooler master hyper 212+ is a common pick over in the US, see if its any cheaper than the h50 in india, it performs better than the H50.
a b U Graphics card
June 27, 2010 7:03:40 PM

yes hyper 212+ is less than half the price of H50
around INR 1900
so that will give same performance as H50 rite?
a c 235 U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
June 27, 2010 7:06:49 PM

mjsharma said:
yes hyper 212+ is less than half the price of H50
around INR 1900
so that will give same performance as H50 rite?


no it will give you better performance then the H50. i have the 212+, it does an excellent job cooling.

the H50 is over-priced since it gives you marginal cooling compared to a stock HSF.
a b U Graphics card
June 27, 2010 7:13:08 PM

ohk... i think i should go for hyper 212+ or is there any other water cooler like H50 which is cheaper than H50?
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
June 27, 2010 7:23:16 PM

ct1615 said:
no it will give you better performance then the H50. i have the 212+, it does an excellent job cooling.

the H50 is over-priced since it gives you marginal cooling compared to a stock HSF.

Some wrong information here.
The h50 is not as cheap as the 212, but in most cases it does cool better than it.
And in this review it cools 30C more than the stock 1366 cooler.
http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cooling/2009/07/29/cor...
Prime 95 , I stay under 63 at 4ghz , i5 750~h50. But there are cheaper solutions for the same temps.
a b U Graphics card
June 27, 2010 7:27:53 PM

the thing is i am going to take my E7200 to 4+ ghz so need some good cooling solution
my budget is 4500 INR
a c 235 U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
June 27, 2010 7:40:02 PM

notty22 said:
Some wrong information here.
The h50 is not as cheap as the 212, but in most cases it does cool better than it.
And in this review it cools 30C more than the stock 1366 cooler.
http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cooling/2009/07/29/cor...
Prime 95 , I stay under 63 at 4ghz , i5 750~h50. But there are cheaper solutions for the same temps.


the only information that is wrong is your post, i suggest you re-read mine before you further make a complete idiot of yourself.

i did not state the H50 is as cheap as the 212+, i stated it was over-priced. you can get two 212+ and still have money left over for the H50 price. where you got me stating they where the same price is beyond me.

maximumpc gave the 212+ a perfect 10
http://www.maximumpc.com/article/reviews/cooler_master_...

tom's gave it a great value review
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/lga-1156-heatsink,2...

as for the corsair unit they stated "At only $80, it’s difficult to exclude the H50 from our recommendations, but its performance level is not what we'd consider exceptional, either"

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/corsair-h50-fort120...







a b U Graphics card
June 27, 2010 7:49:22 PM

now i have 2 options hyper 212+ and H50
which one do you think is a good choice since my pc is in front of an AC which runs at 16 or 18c and i am not using a cabinet...
a c 235 U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
June 27, 2010 7:51:14 PM

you are using an open air case?

a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
June 27, 2010 8:10:01 PM

ct1615 said:


the H50 is over-priced since it gives you marginal cooling compared to a stock HSF.

Chill, the only idiotic statement is that one. Which I tried to refute nicely, but your a jerk.

OP: Dual cores , make a lot less heat. Any good heat pipe cooler will keep you under 70c with a dual core.
a c 235 U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
June 27, 2010 8:15:59 PM

notty22 said:
Chill, the only idiotic statement is that one. Which I tried to refute nicely, but your a jerk.

OP: Dual cores , make a lot less heat. Any good heat pipe cooler will keep your under 70c with a dual core.


maybe you should read what other people say about it

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/284231-28-coolermaste...


a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
June 27, 2010 8:19:53 PM

ct1615 said:
maybe you should read what other people say about it

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/284231-28-coolermaste...


I have, but I also own it. So I can add something to a +1 to the more positive reviews. I also can point to HSF reviews at Hardware canucks where the 212 fails to complete testing. At more extreme settings. Does not mean I am saying its bad. NO. I only can tell you , that I have benched my i5 750 at 4300mhz and it was under 70c. I could test my chip for all it was worth, and heat was never what stopped me. My 2 cents.
edit: Plenty of reasons, why I like the h50, but would not recommend it. Another is, it probably has a finite life span. But I got mine at a local store for 50.00, and like it.
a b U Graphics card
June 28, 2010 6:28:25 AM

so can i use 212+ in future when i get i7? because i don't want to invest on cooling again
another problem is i cant get such bulky heatsinks on because it will come over my ram.. its very close to my intel stock heatsink..
212+ may fit but i've doubt... H50 will surely fit.. but is expensive..

@ ct1615 : yes my rig is open air but no case :p 
June 28, 2010 11:43:45 AM

Actually if an H50 uses a push/pull fan config it will beat a V10 which was the best cooler reviewed here:

http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1025/6/

Most of the initial numbers are with a single fan config, at the very bottom is when the config it with a push/pull.

Expensive, but good numbers imo.
a b U Graphics card
June 28, 2010 12:11:31 PM

ohk...
thanks guys
i think i will go with H50(even though expensive its within my budget limit) since those bulky heatsinks will cover up my ram.. :) 
June 28, 2010 1:30:31 PM

h50 is good... it dropped my temps by 40c on load lol... you'll love it !!


i hate those big bulky air coolers :D 


a b U Graphics card
June 29, 2010 3:57:53 AM

guys...how to select a best answer??
i cant see any option here :o 
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
June 29, 2010 5:29:16 AM

demonnn said:
h50 is good... it dropped my temps by 40c on load lol... you'll love it !!


i hate those big bulky air coolers :D 



But those bulky air coolers can cool a CPU alright!

x4 @ 3.8Ghz:

(Idle)



(Load)



can your H50 do that ? :whistle: 
June 29, 2010 6:28:30 AM

OvrClkr said:
But those bulky air coolers can cool a CPU alright!

x4 @ 3.8Ghz:

(Idle)

http://i683.photobucket.com/albums/vv199/OvrClkr/newidle.jpg

(Load)

http://i683.photobucket.com/albums/vv199/OvrClkr/load38.jpg

can your H50 do that ? :whistle: 


It's a little tough to see your pics, but it appears your 4 cores idle at 0C with a 30C ambient? Am I reading that right?

Either that or am I reading that it's at 37C at idle, and 37C at load? I'm confused because you have mixed up your monitoring software between the 2 pics.
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
June 29, 2010 1:36:30 PM

Of course there is something wrong, the CPU is unlocked from an x2 to an x4.

But you can still see the CPU temp on both programs, look at the CPU reading on Everest and then look at the "temp 1" on speedfan.
June 29, 2010 2:09:08 PM

Really? Cuz Temp1/Everest are showing 27C while Ambient is showing 30C. So obviously something is wrong. Unless of course you're one of those people that think air cooling can cool your CPU below ambient.
June 29, 2010 2:10:24 PM

Then again it's also showing your motherboard at 19C with a 30C ambient, so I don't know what to think about your numbers.
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
June 29, 2010 2:49:15 PM

The ambient on speedfan is wrong obviosly since the CPU is at 27c under idle, I was using speedfan just so you could look at the CPU temp, all other temps are not accurate hence the reason nobody uses speedfan.

The board is at 19c because I had the AC on so this in turn keeps the board nice n cool, in order for the mobo temps to rise the "real" ambient temp would have to be over 75F. Of course thses temps were achieved with a low ambient of around 70F. Here is a screen-shot @ idle with the room around 75/76F



If my room is around 80F my idle temps jump to 38/39c and load temps jump to 52/53c.

June 29, 2010 2:51:33 PM

So as we can see, it's not so much about just posting numbers, but in actuality its the increase over ambient

I'll have some pics of what my H50 does in it's push pull(push/pull didn't cost me any extra money, one of the 1200's 120mm fans was simply added)
a b U Graphics card
June 29, 2010 3:18:52 PM

cmcghee358 said:
Really? Cuz Temp1/Everest are showing 27C while Ambient is showing 30C. So obviously something is wrong. Unless of course you're one of those people that think air cooling can cool your CPU below ambient.

:lol: 
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
June 29, 2010 3:19:30 PM

cmcghee358 said:
So as we can see, it's not so much about just posting numbers, but in actuality its the increase over ambient

I'll have some pics of what my H50 does in it's push pull(push/pull didn't cost me any extra money, one of the 1200's 120mm fans was simply added)


Correct, another reason why the temps were lower than normal have to do with my previous GTX 260 which would exhaust the hot air out the rear, my current GPU releases the hot air inside my case so my overall temps have risen since then.

Do you have an idea of your idle and load temps at 3.7Ghz? I have seen H50 "push/pull configs" do very good numbers with low ambient temps, not so sure how it handles hot ambient temps.
June 29, 2010 5:17:49 PM

I just bought a thermometer to measure. I might be able to get it done today. Haven't slept yet so worse case scenario is 24 hours from now. Sorry :/ 

I don't want to give my numbers until I get my definitive ambient temp.
June 29, 2010 5:43:24 PM

Here's my idle. I'm in Arizona, western exposure room with 100 degree heat. The thermometer is currently reading 26.8C which is 80.24(Ambient).

I will post load when I wake up, tired of waiting.

Idle H50 Push/Pull




I can tell you now with a 26.8C Ambient I will be reading around a 48-50C load. I'll have the follow up pic when I wake like I siad.

Also if you want to see pics of my config I can show those too
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
June 29, 2010 5:47:53 PM

OvrClkr said:
Correct, another reason why the temps were lower than normal have to do with my previous GTX 260 which would exhaust the hot air out the rear, my current GPU releases the hot air inside my case so my overall temps have risen since then.

Do you have an idea of your idle and load temps at 3.7Ghz? I have seen H50 "push/pull configs" do very good numbers with low ambient temps, not so sure how it handles hot ambient temps.

This helps my combination of parts to, the xfx 4770 exits air out the back, I have the h50 PP using the stock exhaust fan of the Antec 300. So the rad uses case air, but it works because their is always fresh air being brought in from the 3 exhausts.
The room is a/c, probably about 72f
June 29, 2010 5:50:18 PM

I'm going to have to revisit. I had to bump up to 1.425 vCore to get 3.7 GHz stable which is poopy. So my current Idle number won't have the same voltage specs as my new load. I'll post more pics tonight.

Sorry for the delay
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
June 29, 2010 6:10:11 PM

cmcghee358 said:
Here's my idle. I'm in Arizona, western exposure room with 100 degree heat. The thermometer is currently reading 26.8C which is 80.24(Ambient).

I will post load when I wake up, tired of waiting.

Idle H50 Push/Pull

http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/1803/cputempsidle.png


I can tell you now with a 26.8C Ambient I will be reading around a 48-50C load. I'll have the follow up pic when I wake like I siad.

Also if you want to see pics of my config I can show those too


If your ambient is around 78F then you are getting great results, you also have a C3 stepping so that helps as well.
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
June 29, 2010 6:16:43 PM

notty22 said:
This helps my combination of parts to, the xfx 4770 exits air out the back, I have the h50 PP using the stock exhaust fan of the Antec 300. So the rad uses case air, but it works because their is always fresh air being brought in from the 3 exhausts.
The room is a/c, probably about 72f
http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr185/notty222/newh50.png


Yea you are getting good results also, I guess as long as the card exhausts the hot air out the rear you are fine. I have a buddy that had a DirectCU/H50 push-pull and he ended up selling his H50 because it would make his case temps way too hot for gaming purposes.
a b U Graphics card
June 29, 2010 7:23:22 PM

did some more research on this...
one of my friend has it...
he had problem of case heating up when he had his H50 radiator fan as intake... he forgot to put his front fan as exhaust .. when he changed H50 fan to exhaust everything worked fine
June 29, 2010 10:01:24 PM

With the Antec 1200, since it has teh 200mm fan exhaust out the top turning one of the 120mm exhaust fans into an H50 intake fan is no big deal.

But you absolutely want your H50 to use it's fan as an intake, not an exhaust. Using case air rather than outside air will give you crap temps, trust me.
June 30, 2010 12:31:46 PM

Kind of annoying but I'm having stability issues with 3.7 GHz, even at 1.45 vCore. So I'm going to set it at 3.6 GHz w/ a 1.4 vCore and post those results. Since temperature is mainly based off the voltage of the chip.

Seems my chip isn't OC friendly :( 

1.5 vCore for 3.8 GHz SUX!

Will post my temp screens later today. If anyone still cares lol
a b U Graphics card
June 30, 2010 2:04:26 PM

cmcghee358 said:
With the Antec 1200, since it has teh 200mm fan exhaust out the top turning one of the 120mm exhaust fans into an H50 intake fan is no big deal.

But you absolutely want your H50 to use it's fan as an intake, not an exhaust. Using case air rather than outside air will give you crap temps, trust me.

i replied to what ovrclkr said... he didn't say that his buddy has antec 1200 with 200mm fan and all
and my friend has only front and side intake and both of them 120mm...and if he puts h50 fan as intake where will all air go? there will be pressure problems inside.. since he has lot of fresh air into his cabby putting h50 as exhaust doesn't make much difference
June 30, 2010 2:20:18 PM

He doesn't have a rear exhaust? Most cases have at least a slot for a rear exhaust.

Every case is going to be at least 1-2C warmer than the true ambient of your room. So basically what you're doing is raising the H50 by 1-2C. Which is why the H50 installation instructions specify using the fan as an intake.

Sure your temps are still going to be good, but sometimes you want or even need that 2C buffer for thermal tolerances. The point of an aftermarket HSF is to allow you the thermal breathing room to increase your clock. The hotter the air you're giving your radiator the lower your thermal ceiling will be. Food for thought.
a b U Graphics card
June 30, 2010 2:35:59 PM

cmcghee358 said:
He doesn't have a rear exhaust? Most cases have at least a slot for a rear exhaust.

Every case is going to be at least 1-2C warmer than the true ambient of your room. So basically what you're doing is raising the H50 by 1-2C. Which is why the H50 installation instructions specify using the fan as an intake.

Sure your temps are still going to be good, but sometimes you want or even need that 2C buffer for thermal tolerances. The point of an aftermarket HSF is to allow you the thermal breathing room to increase your clock. The hotter the air you're giving your radiator the lower your thermal ceiling will be. Food for thought.

:lol: 
that rear exhaust is taken by H50 radiator fan... thats why i didn't mention it..
June 30, 2010 3:22:37 PM

Well like I said, Im sure it will perform well but if you start capping out on temps then reversing the H50 flow and adjust the case fans for different air dynamics will help some. /shrug
a b U Graphics card
June 30, 2010 3:27:17 PM

cmcghee358 said:
Well like I said, Im sure it will perform well but if you start capping out on temps then reversing the H50 flow and adjust the case fans for different air dynamics will help some. /shrug

yeah i understood that...
then if he put that h50 as intake then what should be done with the other 2 fans?
side intake and front exhaust, right?
don't have much idea about cabby air flow and all because i don't use one :p 
June 30, 2010 3:53:00 PM

Yeah theres nothing that says the back has to be the exhaust. Get air in, get air out. Pretty simply really. Try to flow it up and in a straight direction.

Obviously he is limited because of his case.
June 30, 2010 4:05:40 PM

Ok finally got my info.

Here is my H50 at Idle. This is with a push/pull fan config with 26.8C Ambient(80.24F)



I'm sitting right at 34C for Idle

After 1 hour on Prime95 at load it's:



Sitting right at 49C

When looking at Ovrclkr's numbers I'd say its competitive. Obviously I did pay 80 bucks for it, but I think it performs quite well, especially with such a high ambient(I HATE THIS ROOM!)

June 30, 2010 4:06:46 PM

my stupid images didnt link. Lame.

Also like I said I was having stability problems. I still maintained a 1.4 vCore but lowered my multiplier to 18x
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
June 30, 2010 4:19:05 PM

cmcghee358 said:
my stupid images didnt link. Lame.

Also like I said I was having stability problems. I still maintained a 1.4 vCore but lowered my multiplier to 18x


When you want to post screen-shots just copy the "Forum" code and paste ;) 










June 30, 2010 4:21:12 PM

I did the oh well, thanks.

So whats your take on the numbers?
!