Video distorted

horsebkridr

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2010
Hello,
What could be wrong with my video getting distorted on world of warcraft. I am running windows 7. It worked fine in windows vista.

Solution

Someone else asked this, looks like maybe your video card drivers are not the correct ones. Does the Win7 setup have all the correct drivers?

3:4 resolution is what you use on a square aspect monitor, like 1280x1024. Wide-screen one would be something like 1440x900. From what you...
What do you mean by distorted? Stretched/squeezed or something else? Have you tried different resolutions? Maybe after going from Vista to 7 you did not set the resolution for you monitor correctly. Using a 3:4 resolution on a wide screen monitor or vice versa will cause some image issues.

horsebkridr

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2010

I mean that when the game is being played that the words get unreadable and all wiggly. I can't see very clearly the backgrounds, like the ground has black squares on it. etc.
I have tried different resolutions in the game and on the computer too. I do have a wide screen monitor on my laptop. What is a 3:4 resolution? I partitioned my hard drive and now dual boot with vista to play my game. I didn't really want to do that, but hey it works now.

Someone else asked this, looks like maybe your video card drivers are not the correct ones. Does the Win7 setup have all the correct drivers?

3:4 resolution is what you use on a square aspect monitor, like 1280x1024. Wide-screen one would be something like 1440x900. From what you described though, that's not the issue, you have other image defects that would not be caused by resolution.

Solution

horsebkridr

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2010

Thanks for explaining that. I need to go to dell and see what the latest one is. I thought I did that. Until then it is working fine for windows vista.