Gigabyte GA-965p-DS3 doesn't boot

jarvisesdios

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2011
I've got an interesting problem. I have a Gigabyte GA-965-DS3 mobo and I'm having trouble getting it to turn on. I get to the post screen and after it posts I get a blinking cursor for about 30 seconds or so and it restarts and cycles ad infinity.

It was working just fine before I added 1 more stick of RAM in (I already tested it, all my RAM is working and it's the same type of RAM exactly that I had before and my mobo supports 6 gigs.) I also changed my power supply to a 550 Watt to get a little more juice.

The changes were minor and shouldn't have affected my computer (presumably) all that drastically. I've reseated everything, the ram, the cpu. flashed the CMOS/BIOS and nothing I've done has worked.

Every time I boot I get to the spot where I should be able to boot from the CD drive or my HDs but it just doesnt turn it over to them. BIOS recognizes all 3 HDS and I've tried having all 3 be plugged in 1 at a time but that hasn't done anything either, I did the same with the RAM.

Any ideas? I've got to get this damned thing working before Duke Nukem Forever comes out. I'm assuming (hopefully) it's something stupid that I'm overlooking but I'm beginning to doubt that very much.

intelatifan

Distinguished
May 27, 2011
I think there is nothing wrong with your Mobo. Problem lies with hard drive or boot sector. Check boot device priority, or if u have win 7 installed try and repair start up using win 7. And also see to that while turning on machine make sure not any pen drive / external hdds are plugged in ur system. Good Luck ;)