Need info about HD5970

Benchmark1st

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2010
Hi! I need some info about ASUS HD5970 vga.

How to know when temperature and voltage is too high.

Where I can get far cry 2, cod mw2 demos to game benchmarking?

Benchmark1st

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2010
This card have voltage tweak control so i can change vga voltage. I need to know symtom of chrashing (when voltage is too high). I also want to know too high temperature symtom (like artefacts or same)

Benchmark1st

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2010
Keep it under 90C, Run furmark for stability. You'll be able to notice if it's artifacting and will crash if it's unstable prompting a reboot. Just MAKE SURE to turn the fans up to 75%+ when going with higher voltage. You don't want to destroy your card

How to turn up fan speed? :)

kingnoobe

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
I understand the want to oc, but really maybe you should let it be (specially considering the fan question). There really is no need to oc your vid card and risk it. Or at the very least start reading all tutorials on how to overlock.

I personally found cpu's to be very easy, and really even vid. cards arn't bad but in my exp they tend to be more picky. Not to mention they sound like damn vacuum cleaners when you have to cranck the fan speed up lol.

Benchmark1st

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2010

Well I need to write review :) I have some experence in overclocking. I haven't hd 5970 but my one skype friend haves. So I am asking these questions because my friend isn't good in oc, and I don't want do anything bad

Benchmark1st

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2010
Thanks.

Me old vga was the best. If clock are too high - ati ccc don't send.

Now am intrested in fan speed. I want to know default asus hd 5970 cooler max posibilities. So how many more speed I can give to him.

Have a read of this first then decide if you wish to go ahead.

Latest posts