Sign in with
Your question

Highest end card with SPDIF passthrough

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 27, 2010 11:18:58 PM

Hello,

I am curious what the highest end card with a SPDIF passthrough would be. Nvidia seems to have stopped now with the 400 series, and I don't know of an ATI card with one.

It seems to me that the best I could do would be the Nvidia 200 series, however if anyone has any other suggestions they would be greatly appreciated.
a b U Graphics card
June 27, 2010 11:39:44 PM

Why do you need it? The highest end would be a GTX 285 for single-GPU and GTX 295 for a single-card.
m
l
June 27, 2010 11:57:37 PM

Thank you that seemed to be all that I could find but I wanted to make sure. It was just a personal preference since I only have media center remotes on the TV's that I will be sending the audio to, so I am unsure if I would be able to toggle audio back and forth between the PC and HDMI sound just using those remotes (assuming I used a card with audio on board).

Using the SPDIF should take care of the need to toggle and since I have a decent sound card I was hoping to use that as the source.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
June 28, 2010 12:48:28 AM

You can use device manager or Sound in control panel to manually select the device you want.
m
l
!