Can't get into windows update?

I've got a problem where WinXP pro sp2 is hanging at the saving settings
dialog when ever I attempt to shutdown and/or re-start. Someone here gave
me a web-site url about it abd they suggested there is a patch available for
this problem via the Update program. But I've been trying to get in all day
and night and all i get is a blank IExplorer page and it says it's loading.
Then I have to use the Taskmanager to get rid of the blank screen and it
says the program isn't responding. Yet I'm having no problems geting into
any other web sites, including microsofts

--
from Robert Meek dba "Tangentals Design"
Personal e-mail: rmeek1@comcast.net

visit us on the World Wide Web and pick up
your free copy of "The Keep" at:

http://www.TangentalsDesign.com

E-mail us at one of the following:

information@tangentalsdesign.com
feedback@tangentalsdesign.com
support@tangentalsdesign.com
More about windows update

    "Robert Meek" <rmeek1@comcast.net> wrote:

    > I've got a problem where WinXP pro sp2 is hanging at the saving settings
    >dialog when ever I attempt to shutdown and/or re-start.

    Start here: "Resources to Help Troubleshoot Shutdown Problems in
    Windows XP" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308029).

    --
    (tm)

Configuration Windows Update Windows XP