Sign in with
Your question

Windows 7 Won't Boot - Odd Freeze Followed By Random Color

Tags:
Last response: in Windows 7
November 5, 2011 3:40:30 PM

Hello there, it would seem today is not going to start out good lol. I went to hop on my computer as it wasn't in standby, just had been sitting there in the on position, I clicked on one of those catchy news articles on Yahoo, and then the screen freaked out and the color pink started to slowly take over my screen. I couldn't move mouse, nor keyboard. A hard reset was the only way out.

Alas, upon reaching the log in screen, I click my name, and await the load. Oh, but my computer wasn't having that, it decided that I will be presented with a big gray screen at first, then I restarted again, a pink screen, upon another restart a black screen. This happens always after I click on my name, and it goes to load the desktop.

So I tried scouring the net, tried every possible little solution I could think of, except most of the people's problems I found weren't like mine, theirs was the blinking mouse and black screen deal, mind doesn't even show a mouse cursor, it just goes into a solid color and freezes. Which a hard reboot is the only way out.

My computer:
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 4
Processor Count: 8
RAM: 6135 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 280, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 476937 MB, Free - 42706 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC., P6T DELUXE
Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus, Disabled

I am currently sitting in safemode with network support, camping this thread. So with that knowledge, safe mode boots up just fine with everything in tact. The things I tried:

Check disk, it came back with an error I was only able to get to pop up once, so I don't have an exact phrasing of what it said, but basically something about a software change that couldn't be updated and then went to load up.

I did the memory check and it had no errors

Did all the standard checks with my anti-virus software. Nothing there.

If anyone has any clue on what's going on here, I'd be so grateful for your help. I will even virtually kiss your face to death. Cause I am a broke college girl with like no money to buy extra hard-drives to backup all my school work. Which is pretty significant considering we're late into the semester.

If you need any more information, I'm sitting right here, probably refreshing this thread over and over!
a b $ Windows 7
November 5, 2011 4:08:05 PM

could you load the hdd maker test tool for your drive they all have one on ther web site.also did you make any change in component lately try to update all you driver
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
November 5, 2011 4:18:20 PM

Could be video card or power supply problem.

Have you tried the most obvious thing, boot to your Windows disk and choose repair?
m
l
!