Sign in with
Your question

Nvidia Vision Surround Support

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 28, 2010 12:29:42 AM

For the past month i've been in a moving process to hawaii. I have 2x 295 GTXs in SLI, and three 24" 1920x1080 monitors and I was wondering if there has been any new updates, drivers, or news on Nvidia's Vision Surround. Not the 3D junk, the Eyefinity equivalent.

Last driver update I saw was 256 or something like that, but it didn't add any support for 3x monitor gaming.

Anyone who has any news on the subject please let me know. My PC should be getting here to hawaii shortly, and I'd really like to get BFBC2 going in 5670 x 1080p :p .
June 28, 2010 12:50:40 AM

Thanks for the link.

found this article a page back posted 15 June.

"The new WHQL-certified version 257.21 can be downloaded here. This driver supports GeForce and ION desktop PCs as well as NVIDIA notebook PCs running Windows 7 or Windows Vista, including those with NVIDIA Optimus technology.

Our next Release 256 driver is planned for the end of this month and will support NVIDIA 3D Vision Surround technology!
* The Release 256 family of drivers will be released with version numbers from 256.xx to 259.xx."

So looks like end of this month we might see support for Vision Surround.

I can't wait. I went to ATI for the 1st time a few months ago just to get the eyefinity experience, and where I'm now hooked on 3x monitor gaming, ATI drivers were horrible, constant crashing and poor FPS in almost all the new games out (even with 2x 5870s **$1000 worth of GPU at the time*** and NO AA/AF turned on)

I will not stand for crashing, no matter how cool their eyefinity is, crashing every 10-20 minutes in just about every game, using their latest, or past 6 or 7 drivers is unnacceptable. I'll never buy ATI again, and I'm really hopping Nvidia takes the time to do Vision Surround correct, unlike ATI lol.
Related resources
a c 168 Î Nvidia
June 28, 2010 1:03:57 AM

Well the fact that they want you to use two cards instead of one should tell you that they are aware of the amount of power it takes to do high resolutions accompanied by decent framerates.

Quote:
Note: ATI Eyefinity technology gives gamers access to incredibly
high display resolutions. As pixel count grows, the graphics
horsepower required to drive the displays at a reasonable frame rate
can increase dramatically. Depending on the game and system
configuration, users may notice texture corruption and reduced frame
rates when running games in multi-monitor Eyefinity modes.

That's taken from the 10.6 release notes, three screens on a HD5770, yeah right!
June 28, 2010 1:21:04 AM

I don't mind paying for my GPU horse power to play games at good FPS on 3x monitors, that only makes sense ya know!?

Thats why I went all out and bought 2x 5870 in crossfire (at the time $499 plus shipping per card) Which should be overkill. (I would have bought 2x 5890 *the duel GPU cards* but at the time I bought them, Quad-Fire did not support Eyefinity.

Some games had good FPS, but would crash every 5-10 minutes randomly to desktop. Turn off Eyefinity, no problem, turn it on, crash crash crash. Tried all the drivers, official and beta, no luck

Other games run crappy FPS, even with AA/AF turned off.

Sorry but if I pay 1000 bucks on GPUs, I expect max settings(AA/AF optional) + at least 40-60FPS and no crashing. I can do without AA/AF, but the crashing, poor driver / game support, and un excusable FPS were a complete no go.

Funny thing was that I was getting ready to move to hawaii, so I went to store and bought a gaming laptop (had a 5870 mobile in it) big beast of a laptop. And sure enough, start playing games on it, DX11, DX10, DX9, didn't matter. White screens, Weird lines in some games, crashing, ect.

Went and bought a 15" with Geforce 360m, playing Sup-Com2, BFBC2, L4D2, not one crash or hickup in 2 months now. One of best laptops i've ever owned, and I'm having a blast LAN'n Sup-Com2 with my wife! *Who has most Nukes and who has the least amount of Nuke Defense, Lets find out! lol

I've learned my lesson, that's for sure. ATI will never get another buck from me lol.
!