Sign in with
Your question

missing or corrupt: \windows\system32\config\system

Last response: in Storage
a b G Storage
October 25, 2012 8:34:49 AM

Hello,

How to solve this problem? When I try rebooting, it goes all the way to starting Windows, the gives an error message that "windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt: \windows\system32\config\system" and then gives the instruction to use the Windows 2003 CD to run Recovery Console and choose r.

When I do this, it says 'Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer". So I'm stuck.

Any ideas or suggestions?
October 25, 2012 9:15:44 AM

Did you make any changes to the system prior to this? Need to know what caused the problem.
m
l
a b G Storage
October 26, 2012 2:26:57 AM

Herr_Koos said:
Did you make any changes to the system prior to this? Need to know what caused the problem.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I resized the partition, it is a raid 5 array broken into C and D, I extended C drive with the free space of D partition, so maybe the partition process broken the system file, but how could I solve this problem.

It is server 2003, and when insert the setup CD, it could not find the disk. I do not think the disk has physical problems, and I am sure the disk could be recognized in BIOS. Do you have any suggestions?
m
l
!