Service error

I was checking thru my event logs and noticed an error happening every
day that says, "Iomega Activity Disk 2 Service System cannot find the file
specified" Could this be the reason my DVD drive no longer works? If not
what is this and how do I find out what file is missing. The same thing for
Disk 1 is working ok, but it doesn't make sense to me as the only thing I
thought was iomega was the zip drive which i don't have connected. it's a
portable zip drive. Internally I have a CDRW, a 31/2, and a DVD which as I
said is not working for some reason.

--
from Robert Meek dba "Tangentals Design"
Personal e-mail: rmeek1@comcast.net

visit us on the World Wide Web and pick up
your free copy of "The Keep" at:

http://www.TangentalsDesign.com

E-mail us at one of the following:

information@tangentalsdesign.com
feedback@tangentalsdesign.com
support@tangentalsdesign.com

"Robert Meek" <rmeek1@comcast.net> wrote:

> I was checking thru my event logs and noticed an error happening every
>day that says, "Iomega Activity Disk 2 Service System cannot find the file
>specified" Could this be the reason my DVD drive no longer works?

Maybe, but the error points to the ZIP drive rather. If you do no
longer have the Iomega software installed, disable the service in the
Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services and remove all
shortcuts that point to the software from your startup settings. Or
reinstall the software, if you still want to use the ZIP drive.
"How to Modify the List of Programs that Run When You Start Windows
XP" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=314488)
Also see "How to Troubleshoot Issues with Reading CD, CD-R, CD-RW, and
DVD Discs" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=321641).

--
(tm)