Life Expectancy

How much will stable overclocking reduce the life of your video card?
8 answers Last reply
More about life expectancy
  1. Depends how much voltage you add, the temperatures the GPU runs at, and how long you run the card for.
  2. If it is truly stable, the temps are fine, and you didn't overvolt the graphics card then it doesn't.
  3. This is going to be on a MSI 5770 Hawk. 3dGuru added voltage and it seemed to run fine. I wondering if it would be ok long term.
  4. Please define "long term" first. Is long term 1 year? 2 years? 5 years?
  5. Shadow703793 said:
    Please define "long term" first. Is long term 1 year? 2 years? 5 years?

I'm working on building somewhat futureproof gaming build with a GIGABYTE GA-790XTA-UD4 as the basis, and a AM3 965 BE for the processor. I don't have alot of money and want this system to last. I just don't want to get nice components for my system and not get the most out of them. At the same time I don't want to overtax them and shorten thier life. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also thoughts on the motherboard? Should I get a 890?
  6. Shadow703793 said:
    Please define "long term" first. Is long term 1 year? 2 years? 5 years?

I would like the system to last a minimum of 3 years.
  7. If you go the AMD make sure you keep the CPU under 60c and the GPU under 80c. Should last you over 5 years as long as you monitor temps and clean/dust your hardware at least every 6 months.
  8. OvrClkr said:
    If you go the AMD make sure you keep the CPU under 60c and the GPU under 80c. Should last you over 5 years as long as you monitor temps and clean/dust your hardware at least every 6 months.

Thoughts on motherboard?
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Overclocking Graphics