On Sale Motherboard

Pashtun

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
MSI P67A-G45 (B3) LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard goes on sale on NewEgg today. Is this a good motherboard for Intel i5 2500k? I intend to use a single graphics card. From what I have read it seems to have what I need and is a great price.

Anything I need to know about this motherboard?

fullofzen

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2011
So the price on newegg is $115, which is a pretty decent discount for a quality board. I think you will be pleased with it; MSI does have a reputation for reliability and high performance. I would say that the only reason that this board isn't priced at $159 as the P8P67 is is that people perceive Asus to be the premium brand, a reputation which the user reviews for the P8P67-series seem to belay...

GO FOR IT!

It's good, but I like Z68 better. I'd get one of Gigabyte's $130 Z68 boards. But if you won't be using Quicksync, SSD caching, or ever go with integrated graphics, then P67 will work for you and it's a great deal.

I think it's priced cheaper than ASUS's P8P67 because it uses some cheaper parts and weaker voltage regulation. This will probably only affect your maximum overclock and probably by a minimal amount. MSI is a great brand--behind only ASUS, Gigabyte, & ASRock, in my opinion. I recommend this board over comparable (and more expensive Asus P67's).