Best way to play IWD

Howdy,

What's the best way to play IWD, alone or with HOW and Trials of the
Luremaster installed?

Is there a way to determine when you get into the extra areas provided
by the addons? Don't want to wonder into areas I shouldn't be. He He :)

Mike
--
ICQ 160154674
AOL AIM: Jon Ne Reb

email treesqueak (at) gci (dot) net
5 answers Last reply
More about best play
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

    ATCSMike wrote:
    > Howdy,
    >
    > What's the best way to play IWD, alone or with HOW and Trials of the
    > Luremaster installed?
    >
    > Is there a way to determine when you get into the extra areas provided
    > by the addons? Don't want to wonder into areas I shouldn't be. He He :)
    >
    > Mike

    With the expansions as they add the latest patches and ToLM adss a
    couple of new spells. The area for HOW can only be reached by 9th level
    characters so there is no problem in that regard.

    Kharsis
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

    Kharsis wrote:

    > ATCSMike wrote:
    >
    >> Howdy,
    >>
    >> What's the best way to play IWD, alone or with HOW and Trials of the
    >> Luremaster installed?
    >>
    >> Is there a way to determine when you get into the extra areas provided
    >> by the addons? Don't want to wonder into areas I shouldn't be. He He :)
    >>
    >> Mike
    >

    > With the expansions as they add the latest patches and ToLM adss a
    > couple of new spells. The area for HOW can only be reached by 9th level
    > characters so there is no problem in that regard.
    >
    > Kharsis

    Thanks. So there is some kind of experience check within the game, then?
    Guess the same thing goes for ToLM, also? I seem to remember reading
    somewhere sometime about 11th level characters only.

    Mike
    --
    ICQ 160154674
    AOL AIM: Jon Ne Reb
    United States Navy 1979-1982
    Aviation Machinists Mate 2nd Class
    VT-23, HS-1, USS Carl Vinson CVN70 (Plank Owner)

    email treesqueak (at) gci (dot) net
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

    When in the game does Trials of the LureMaster come in? When and where
    do I go to access this addon? I already know how to access HOW.

    Thanks.

    Mike
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

    ATCSMike wrote:

    > When in the game does Trials of the LureMaster come in? When and where
    > do I go to access this addon? I already know how to access HOW.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Mike

    You access ToLM from the How expansion - talk to the halfling in the pub.

    Kharsis
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

    Kharsis wrote:

    > ATCSMike wrote:
    >
    >> When in the game does Trials of the LureMaster come in? When and where
    >> do I go to access this addon? I already know how to access HOW.
    >>
    >> Thanks.
    >>
    >> Mike
    >

    > You access ToLM from the How expansion - talk to the halfling in the pub.
    >
    > Kharsis

    Thanks.

Games Video Games