Set up simple home peer to peer network Win XP - just does..

Hi, Sounds simple - 2 PCs running XP Pro and a Belkin ADSL Router, all
connected, all working fine, both PCs accessing the internet ok. Try to get
peer to peer networking to work - just won't. Run the network setup wizard
and followed all the instructions. Still no joy. Just get a message on PC #2
"ITSauce is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this
network resource contact the server administrato".

Ony problem, I don't have a server and I'm the administrator.

So far I've spent 8 hours trawlig support pages, guides, manuals etc. All
just end up at the network setup wizard.

I've even switched off firewalls on both PCs and the router - no success.

Any ideas??

Or do I need to buy a server and some software (surely not!!)

thanks - Richard Hales ( rhales(bin this bit)@ecosse.net )

Jimbo

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2004

On each machine go to control panel and open settings. Next click the
"Computer Name tab". Look at the workgroup name and make sure it is the
same on both machines. Make sure after you change the names to match, you
turn on file sharing and actually share something on both machines.