Jessops sale - pathetic.

Last response: in Digital Camera
Share
December 26, 2004 5:29:31 PM

Archived from groups: alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

Just had a look at www.jessops.com - click the Sale now on banner on the
homepage.

Wow - 15 items in their sale!

Jessops - go hide up your own arses.

Si.

More about : jessops sale pathetic

December 26, 2004 5:29:32 PM

"Si" <insert@addresshere.co.uk> wrote in message
> Just had a look at www.jessops.com - click the Sale now on banner on the
> homepage.
>
> Wow - 15 items in their sale!
>
> Jessops - go hide up your own arses.
>
> Si.

So you are either a competitor or a disgruntled ex-employee.
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
December 26, 2004 5:34:52 PM

"Si" <insert@addresshere.co.uk> wrote in message
> Just had a look at www.jessops.com - click the Sale now on banner on the
> homepage.
>
> Wow - 15 items in their sale!
>
> Jessops - go hide up your own a***s.
>
> Si.

As Jessops will match Internet prices throughout the whole year, it seems
rather unnecessary for them to even have a "sale". Their "sale" is the
whole year round. You should try them!

David
December 26, 2004 5:48:53 PM

Archived from groups: alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

">
> Wow - 15 items in their sale!
>
> Jessops - go hide up your own arses.
>
> Si.
>seems a lot of sales this jan are very poor,esp tescos,curry's some inc
>tesco.s even lying about their so called sale prices
my hunt for a bargain rear projection continues.......

ferg
December 26, 2004 6:29:28 PM

Archived from groups: alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

"Si" <insert@addresshere.co.uk> wrote in message
> Just had a look at www.jessops.com - click the Sale now on banner on the
> homepage.
>
> Wow - 15 items in their sale!
>
> Jessops - go hide up your own arses.
>
> Si.

Jessops are great - so long as you do not pay advertised price and only use
price-match. Great customer service.
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
December 26, 2004 8:12:26 PM

"steeler" <nospam@nomail.com> wrote in message

> "Si" <insert@addresshere.co.uk> wrote in message
> > Just had a look at www.jessops.com - click the Sale now on banner on the
> > homepage.
> >
> > Wow - 15 items in their sale!
> >
> > Jessops - go hide up your own arses.
> >
> > Si.
> >

> Jessops are great - so long as you do not pay advertised price and only
use
> price-match. Great customer service.

Steeler,

I've heard they online price match, does anyone know "who" they'll price
match?

Thanks

Thumps
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
December 26, 2004 8:26:06 PM

"thumps" <thumper.INVALID@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
[]
>> Jessops are great - so long as you do not pay advertised price and only
> use
>> price-match. Great customer service.
>>

> Steeler,
>
> I've heard they online price match, does anyone know "who" they'll price
> match?

A UK Internet site with the goods in stock. Any matching is at the
manager's discretion, I believe.

David
December 26, 2004 8:34:57 PM

Archived from groups: alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

"thumps" <thumper.INVALID@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

> "steeler" <nospam@nomail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "Si" <insert@addresshere.co.uk> wrote in message
> > > Just had a look at www.jessops.com - click the Sale now on banner on
the
> > > homepage.
> > >
> > > Wow - 15 items in their sale!
> > >
> > > Jessops - go hide up your own arses.
> > >
> > > Si.
> > >

> > Jessops are great - so long as you do not pay advertised price and only
> use
> > price-match. Great customer service.
> >

> Steeler,
>
> I've heard they online price match, does anyone know "who" they'll price
> match?

Managers discretion but a well known retailer in the UK (e.g. Amazon,
unbeatable, empire) will almost always be accepted. If you can take a
printout all the better. Make sure it is in the UK though - so not 7dayshop
or pixmania.
December 26, 2004 9:10:15 PM

Archived from groups: alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

">> Wow - 15 items in their sale!

>> Jessops - go hide up your own arses.
>>
>> Si.
>>
> So you are either a competitor or a disgruntled ex-employee.
>

>or someone who just expects better from a supposed nationwide leading
>retailer

ferg
December 26, 2004 9:10:28 PM

"Darrell" <no@spam.here> wrote in message

> "Si" <insert@addresshere.co.uk> wrote in message
> > Just had a look at www.jessops.com - click the Sale now on banner on the
> > homepage.
> >
> > Wow - 15 items in their sale!
> >
> > Jessops - go hide up your own arses.
> >
> > Si.
> >
> So you are either a competitor or a disgruntled ex-employee.

I doubt it. Even if you like the store 15 items in the sale is a bit poor.
December 26, 2004 9:10:32 PM

Archived from groups: alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

">> Wow - 15 items in their sale!

>> Jessops - go hide up your own arses.
>>
>> Si.
>>
> So you are either a competitor or a disgruntled ex-employee.
>

>or someone who just expects better from a supposed nationwide leading
>retailer

ferg
December 26, 2004 9:45:58 PM

Archived from groups: alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

"Darrell" <no@spam.here> wrote in message

> "Si" <insert@addresshere.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Just had a look at www.jessops.com - click the Sale now on banner on the
>> homepage.
>>
>> Wow - 15 items in their sale!
>>
>> Jessops - go hide up your own arses.
>>
>> Si.
>>
> So you are either a competitor or a disgruntled ex-employee.

Nope, just a chap looking for a sale bargain.

I'm after an Epson R300, cheapest I can find is Comet £84.97 delivered.

Si.
December 26, 2004 9:46:56 PM

"ferg" <submitsite99nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> ">> Wow - 15 items in their sale!
>>>
>>> Jessops - go hide up your own arses.
>>>
>>> Si.
>>>
>> So you are either a competitor or a disgruntled ex-employee.
>>

>>or someone who just expects better from a supposed nationwide leading
>>retailer

Precisely. If PC World can manage a half decent sale, don't know why Jessops
can't.

Si.
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
December 26, 2004 9:56:49 PM

"Si" <insert@addresshere.co.uk> wrote in message
[]
> Precisely. If PC World can manage a half decent sale, don't know why
> Jessops can't.

... and does PC World match Internet prices all the year round?

David
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
December 26, 2004 9:59:56 PM

Si wrote:
> "Darrell" <no@spam.here> wrote in message
>>
>> "Si" <insert@addresshere.co.uk> wrote in message
>>> Just had a look at www.jessops.com - click the Sale now on banner
>>> on the homepage.
>>>
>>> Wow - 15 items in their sale!
>>>
>>> Jessops - go hide up your own arses.
>>>
>>> Si.
>>>
>> So you are either a competitor or a disgruntled ex-employee.
>>

> Nope, just a chap looking for a sale bargain.
>
> I'm after an Epson R300, cheapest I can find is Comet £84.97
> delivered.

The R200 is only 50 quid at dixons if thats any help.
You don't get the screen but the print output is the same IIRC

--
Alex

"I laugh in the face of danger"
"Then I hide until it goes away"

www.drzoidberg.co.uk
www.sffh.co.uk
www.upce.org.uk
December 26, 2004 10:03:28 PM

Archived from groups: alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

Si <insert@addresshere.co.uk> wrote:

> Just had a look at www.jessops.com - click the Sale now on banner on the
> homepage.
>
> Wow - 15 items in their sale!
>
> Jessops - go hide up your own arses.

I fail to see what the problem is here. They don't _have_ to have a
sale, ffs!

Given their price-match policy, then I personally don't see what
difference it makes anyway.
VW Golf GL Cabrio - Alfa 75 TS - VW Passat 1.8T 20V SE - COSOC KOTL
December 26, 2004 10:13:00 PM

"David J Taylor" <david-taylor@invalid.com> wrote in message
> "Si" <insert@addresshere.co.uk> wrote in message
> []
>> Precisely. If PC World can manage a half decent sale, don't know why
>> Jessops can't.
>
> .. and does PC World match Internet prices all the year round?
>
> David

Yeah, but just maybe, I thought they'd perhaps manage to (simply for one
week of the year) perhaps offer a lower sale price than I can get via the
net.

Even PC World beat them with the R200 - yes, I know that Jessops would match
it, but what's wrong with them leading the field for once?

Si.
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
December 26, 2004 11:30:41 PM

Si wrote:
> Just had a look at www.jessops.com - click the Sale now on banner on
> the homepage.
>
> Wow - 15 items in their sale!

96 when I looked.
--
Ray
December 26, 2004 11:39:50 PM

"mUs1Ka" <mUs1Ka@NOSPAMexcite.com> wrote in message
> Si wrote:
>> Just had a look at www.jessops.com - click the Sale now on banner on
>> the homepage.
>>
>> Wow - 15 items in their sale!
>>
> 96 when I looked.
> --

The buggers have added those...hmm, now what do I want.

Si.
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
December 26, 2004 11:45:17 PM

> "David J Taylor" <david-taylor@invalid.com> wrote in message
>> "Si" <insert@addresshere.co.uk> wrote in message
>> []
>>> Precisely. If PC World can manage a half decent sale, don't know why
>>> Jessops can't.
>>
>> .. and does PC World match Internet prices all the year round?
>>
>> David
>
> Yeah, but just maybe, I thought they'd perhaps manage to (simply for one
> week of the year) perhaps offer a lower sale price than I can get via
> the net.
>
> Even PC World beat them with the R200 - yes, I know that Jessops would
> match it, but what's wrong with them leading the field for once?
>
> Si.

I'd rather have lower prices all the year round, to be honest. Sales
where everyone crams in on one day are a bit of gimmick, don't you think?

Cheers,
David
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
December 27, 2004 12:06:41 AM

In news:338m6uF3r7395U1@individual.net,
David J Taylor typed...
[snip]

> I'd rather have lower prices all the year round, to be honest. Sales
> where everyone crams in on one day are a bit of gimmick, don't you
> think?
>
> Cheers,
> David

Definitely.
Though I've not used many of their shops, I have visited
Burton-on-Trent, Scarborough and Derby, and on each visit, the busy
staff have been nothing less than polite and helpful. Also, on each
occasion, I feel I've left the store, with a better deal than I'd
anticipated.

--
Bri.
December 27, 2004 12:41:46 AM

Archived from groups: alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

"Si" <insert@addresshere.co.uk> wrote in message
> Just had a look at www.jessops.com - click the Sale now on banner on the
> homepage.
>
> Wow - 15 items in their sale!

I don't get it. You want to buy more than 15 items from their sale?
(BTW, I count 96 items)
December 27, 2004 1:15:54 AM

"SteveH" <steve@italiancar.co.uk> wrote in message

> Given their price-match policy, then I personally don't see what
> difference it makes anyway.

They don't always price match. They told me the cheapest they would do a
Konica-Minolta Z3 was £295, which they said was their "trade price". It is
pretty generally available at around £270 including delivery, and less from
the real cheapies.

Howver the service in my local branch is good and they will let me play with
cameras before buying, put batteries in so I can try taking real photos etc.
Also their printing costs are excellent at £5 for 50 prints and the quality
when I did it was OK. I would be sorry if they weren't there.

--
Tony W
My e-mail address has no hypen

"steven" <stevenPANTSvh@pandora.be> wrote in message

> "Si" <insert@addresshere.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Just had a look at www.jessops.com - click the Sale now on banner on the
>> homepage.
>>
>> Wow - 15 items in their sale!
>>

> I don't get it. You want to buy more than 15 items from their sale?
> (BTW, I count 96 items)

They added the others later in the day - go figure?

Si.
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
December 27, 2004 2:43:56 AM

> "thumps" <thumper.INVALID@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> >
> > "steeler" <nospam@nomail.com> wrote in message
> > >
> > > "Si" <insert@addresshere.co.uk> wrote in message
> the

> > > Jessops are great - so long as you do not pay advertised price and
only
> > use
> > > price-match. Great customer service.
> > >

> > Steeler,
> >
> > I've heard they online price match, does anyone know "who" they'll price
> > match?
> >

> Managers discretion but a well known retailer in the UK (e.g. Amazon,
> unbeatable, empire) will almost always be accepted. If you can take a
> printout all the better. Make sure it is in the UK though - so not
7dayshop
> or pixmania.

Thanks for this...

Thumps
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
December 27, 2004 3:08:51 AM

Archived from groups: alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

"Si" <insert@addresshere.co.uk> wrote in message
> Just had a look at www.jessops.com - click the Sale now on banner on the
> homepage.
>
> Wow - 15 items in their sale!
>
> Jessops - go hide up your own arses.

To be fair to them, their staff actually know about the products and they
don't spend their time (your time) trying to flog you insurance you don't
need.
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
December 27, 2004 3:36:54 AM

>Wow - 15 items in their sale!

Methinks you counted wrong. I saw 96 items for sale.
December 27, 2004 3:51:13 AM

"Banjopikr1" <banjopikr1@aol.com> wrote in message
> >Wow - 15 items in their sale!
>
> Methinks you counted wrong. I saw 96 items for sale.

Read the whole thread. When I first posted this morning - there were
fifteen. They've subsequently added more.

Si.
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
December 27, 2004 3:37:16 PM

On Sun, 26 Dec 2004 18:46:56 -0000, "Si" <insert@addresshere.co.uk> wrote:

>Precisely. If PC World can manage a half decent sale,

you jest surely. Looked into their sale and their sale prices were at least
10% higher than the local dealer who sells a very good range of computer
equipment.

-
Lansbury
www.uk-air.net
FAQs for the alt.travel.uk.air newsgroup
December 27, 2004 8:38:40 PM

"Lansbury" <lansbury@spamcop.net> wrote in message
> On Sun, 26 Dec 2004 18:46:56 -0000, "Si" <insert@addresshere.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>Precisely. If PC World can manage a half decent sale,
>
> you jest surely. Looked into their sale and their sale prices were at
> least
> 10% higher than the local dealer who sells a very good range of computer
> equipment.

Bought an R200 for £49.99 - perfectly happy with that.

Si.
December 27, 2004 10:16:31 PM

Archived from groups: alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

> I've heard they online price match,

hence the reason why jessops are £millions in debt and want to do a IPO to
raise money to pay off those debts
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
December 28, 2004 2:02:50 AM

In article <cqmhq5$pmg$1@newsg2.svr.pol.co.uk>, Si wrote:
> Just had a look at www.jessops.com - click the Sale now on banner on the
> homepage.
>
> Wow - 15 items in their sale!

200+ today.

--
Eric S Fraga, Dept Chemical Engineering, UCL, e.fraga@ucl.ac.uk
..ooo.ooo.ooo..o...o...o....oo..ooo.oo...o.....o.o....ooo.ooo.o...

"Eric S Fraga" <eric@xxx.ucl.ac.uk> wrote in message
> In article <cqmhq5$pmg$1@newsg2.svr.pol.co.uk>, Si wrote:
>> Just had a look at www.jessops.com - click the Sale now on banner on the
>> homepage.
>>
>> Wow - 15 items in their sale!
>
> 200+ today.

The buggers keep on adding!

Si.
December 28, 2004 1:00:45 PM

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 23:37:56 -0000, Si,
<news:cqq68t$fc1$1@newsg2.svr.pol.co.uk> wrote this:

> The buggers keep on adding!

Are you still complaining?
December 29, 2004 4:28:51 PM

Archived from groups: alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

In message <41cef645$0$16583$cc9e4d1f@news-text.dial.pipex.com>, steeler
<nospam@nomail.com> writes

>"thumps" <thumper.INVALID@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
>>
>> "steeler" <nospam@nomail.com> wrote in message
>> >
>> > "Si" <insert@addresshere.co.uk> wrote in message
>the

>> > Jessops are great - so long as you do not pay advertised price and only
>> use
>> > price-match. Great customer service.
>> >

>> Steeler,
>>
>> I've heard they online price match, does anyone know "who" they'll price
>> match?
>>

>Managers discretion but a well known retailer in the UK (e.g. Amazon,
>unbeatable, empire) will almost always be accepted. If you can take a
>printout all the better. Make sure it is in the UK though - so not 7dayshop
>or pixmania.

Just tried them on matching Amazon's price for a Canon G6 and the lowest
they would go was ukp25 over the Amazon price.
--
Robert
Anonymous

Robert wrote:
[]
> Just tried them on matching Amazon's price for a Canon G6 and the
> lowest they would go was ukp25 over the Amazon price.

So how much of a discount on their own price was that?

David
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
December 29, 2004 6:42:48 PM

they pricematched my 8800 with warehouseexpress.com, so instead of
jessops price of £699, I paid £559, very good service :)

Posted with NewsLeecher v2.0 RC2
* Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy
* http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet
a b Ý World of Warcraft
January 2, 2005 12:19:36 AM

Archived from groups: alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 13:28:51 +0000, Robert wrote:

[snip]

> Just tried them on matching Amazon's price for a Canon G6 and the lowest
> they would go was ukp25 over the Amazon price.

I've just tried a price match with Jessops on an Ixus 500. Again it was
about £25 over the price I gave them from the web.

Maybe this is their policy now.

Regards,
--
Paul Walton
West Midlands, UK

"Paul Walton" <Paul.Walton@BINSPAMwalt.org.uk> wrote in message
> On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 13:28:51 +0000, Robert wrote:

> I've just tried a price match with Jessops on an Ixus 500. Again it was
> about £25 over the price I gave them from the web.

I've bought many things over the Internet including my computer, but in the
case of a camera I was worried in case it had a fault that was not very
straightforward. So, just before Christmas, I paid £30 over the cheapest
web price for a camera at Jessop's - with considerable misgivings as to
whether it was a sensible thing to do.

Yesterday I returned it for a credit note because I didn't like the image
quality. Anyone done that with an Internet sale? I was able to show by
comparative printouts with pics from another camera that it was not all that
good, but it would have been hard to prove that it was definitely a faulty
product.

--
Tony W
My e-mail address has no hyphen
- but please don't use it, reply to the group.
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
January 2, 2005 1:14:01 PM

Tony wrote:
> "Paul Walton" <Paul.Walton@BINSPAMwalt.org.uk> wrote in message
>> On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 13:28:51 +0000, Robert wrote:
>
>> I've just tried a price match with Jessops on an Ixus 500. Again it
>> was about £25 over the price I gave them from the web.
>
> I've bought many things over the Internet including my computer, but
> in the case of a camera I was worried in case it had a fault that was
> not very straightforward. So, just before Christmas, I paid £30 over
> the cheapest web price for a camera at Jessop's - with considerable
> misgivings as to whether it was a sensible thing to do.
>
> Yesterday I returned it for a credit note because I didn't like the
> image quality. Anyone done that with an Internet sale? I was able
> to show by comparative printouts with pics from another camera that
> it was not all that good, but it would have been hard to prove that
> it was definitely a faulty product.

I also returned a Minolta A2 for similar reasons. I actually got my money
back, but later we bought a Panasonic FZ20 and Nikon 8400 from them
because of their helpful advice and good assistance in-store. And they
still matched Internet prices...

Long live Jessops!

Cheers,
David
January 2, 2005 10:58:20 PM

On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 10:14:01 -0000, "David J Taylor"
<david-taylor@invalid.com> wrote:

>Tony wrote:
>> "Paul Walton" <Paul.Walton@BINSPAMwalt.org.uk> wrote in message
>>> On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 13:28:51 +0000, Robert wrote:
>>
>>> I've just tried a price match with Jessops on an Ixus 500. Again it
>>> was about £25 over the price I gave them from the web.
>>
>> I've bought many things over the Internet including my computer, but
>> in the case of a camera I was worried in case it had a fault that was
>> not very straightforward. So, just before Christmas, I paid £30 over
>> the cheapest web price for a camera at Jessop's - with considerable
>> misgivings as to whether it was a sensible thing to do.
>>
>> Yesterday I returned it for a credit note because I didn't like the
>> image quality. Anyone done that with an Internet sale? I was able
>> to show by comparative printouts with pics from another camera that
>> it was not all that good, but it would have been hard to prove that
>> it was definitely a faulty product.
>
>I also returned a Minolta A2 for similar reasons. I actually got my money
>back, but later we bought a Panasonic FZ20 and Nikon 8400 from them
>because of their helpful advice and good assistance in-store. And they
>still matched Internet prices...
>
>Long live Jessops!

I've just bought a Minolta A200 from them, £499 on the shelf, and they
said they'ed do it for £429 (Bristol camera's.co.uk are doing it for
£410 plus £10 delivery). They would not quite pricematch it as they
said it was below cost price (I doubt that but..) They did offer me a
1gb jessops card for £60, but as they could not tell me what the card
speed was I declined. I can get a 80x lexar for that. Interestingly
they only had jessops cards in stock, so they cannot be pricematched
on them..

Been snapping this afternoon, I'll take a look at the images later but
I don't want to open the software packs until I know I want to keep it
(and it's not available for download from Minolta yet). I've 30 days
to decide either way.

One bugbear so far is it's only usb 1 :(  not great on a 8MP camera,
but as I intend to use a usb2 photostore (Archos Gmini 220) anyway
it's not a huge issue.
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
January 2, 2005 11:08:10 PM

> Been snapping this afternoon, I'll take a look at the images later but
> I don't want to open the software packs until I know I want to keep it
> (and it's not available for download from Minolta yet). I've 30 days
> to decide either way.
>
> One bugbear so far is it's only usb 1 :(  not great on a 8MP camera,
> but as I intend to use a usb2 photostore (Archos Gmini 220) anyway
> it's not a huge issue.

Will a card reader not do away with this problem?
January 3, 2005 10:54:25 AM

On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 20:08:10 -0000, "Steven Campbell"
<steven@pTHREEasa.co.uk> wrote:

>> Been snapping this afternoon, I'll take a look at the images later but
>> I don't want to open the software packs until I know I want to keep it
>> (and it's not available for download from Minolta yet). I've 30 days
>> to decide either way.
>>
>> One bugbear so far is it's only usb 1 :(  not great on a 8MP camera,
>> but as I intend to use a usb2 photostore (Archos Gmini 220) anyway
>> it's not a huge issue.
>
>Will a card reader not do away with this problem?

It will, but on a camera thats 8MP, and images can be up to 15MB in
raw mode it's a bit of a cheek not uncluding it.

The similar A2 uses usb2, they've just been cheap with this.

That said it's got really slow autofocus in lower light conditions,
and by that I mean in the house with the lights on, taking 2 seconds
or so to hunt and decide what to focus on, will try ourside in
daylight later but so far I;m not too impressed.

I have a Epson PhotoPC3000Z and to say thats a 3.3 MP camera, the
images from the A200 are not fantastically better, I admit I've not
fully read the manual, (cos it's only as a pdf so a pain to read) ut
so fat it's looking like it's going back. Reading reviews I knew it
could be a problem as it has no focus asist light but it takes longer
to focus than the 4 year old epson...
!