hschembri

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2010
Hi Guys,

Unfortunately i am still a beginner when it comes to audio systems but here I go. Bascially i have a 5.1 Surround system and need to connect my speaker satellites to my sub woofer. Now the previous owner of the place I bought unfortunately stuck extension wires in the wall and cannot replace them with extensions to connect my satellites to sub woofer using wires with phono connectors. So as such I decided to purchase a couple of connectors and a solder and nearly half way there in connecting all the wires. But now i arrived at a stage where i need to connect the wires to the speaker satellites and don't know whether I need to connect the signal cable to the +ve side of the speaker or the -ve side of the speaker. Help please.

Thanks

popatim

Titan
The speaker wire with the white stripe is gernerally considered positive. It doesn't really matter as long as you are consistent throught the setup at all connections.

If your speaker wire has a black stripe, as some do, that is considered negative. I dunno why. LoL again it doesnt matter as long as you are consistent. The wire inside the stripe side is the same wire used in the non-striped side.

As long as you connect lthe wires all the same like pop said you will be fine. If you do half one way and the other half the opposite you will have phasing issues and it will sound horrible.

TRENDING THREADS