Sign in with
Your question

First Time building my PC

Last response: in Systems
August 4, 2010 6:00:28 PM

PURCHASE DATE: This Month

BUDGET RANGE: Any Budget. As long as I get the best deal I would be happy.

SYSTEM USAGE, MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: CAD, GAMING (Starcraft II, Final Fantasy, Dragon Nest), CODING, Some Engineering Stuff

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: keyboard.... mouse... DVD DRIVE,

PREFERRED WEBSITE FOR PARTS: Any Websites. As long as I get the best deal, I would be happy

PARTS PREFERENCES: Any parts, open for any discussions

OVERCLOCKING: Maybe. if this would decrease the lifespan of my computer, I won't OC

SLI OR CROSSFIRE: Yes!! in the future

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1920x1080

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: This is my first computer build. I know a lot about computers, get techie! If anyone knows how to fix that crosshair iv formula's NB?

cpu INTEL I7 930
Memory Any 6GB Memory recommanded?
case GMC X-7 Black ABS / SECC steel Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case w/ three fans- 1x 120mm front fan, 1x 120mm rear fan, 1x 80mm side-panel fan ( I have this already)
mobo Asrock X58 Extreme ( I already ordered this for 70$)
PSU Antec 650W EarthWatt 50$+ ( I have this already)
GPU Nvidia GTX 460 SLI
HD Samsung Spingpoint

More about : time building

August 4, 2010 6:41:15 PM

solid build u have there

the only problem is that u will not be able to run sli with that psu
so u will have to get a single powerfull gpu or sell that psu and get another one
also u can't fit the 5970 in that case. that what happens if u don't research

ram: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... since u are not ocing this are great kits

m
l
August 4, 2010 6:50:46 PM

Thanks for your response mrhoshos96. I have done some research in regarding to the PSU with 2 GTX 460 Sli. 650W is just enough for 2 gtx 460 sli and I7 930.
Here is the link to power consumption calculations.
Can't find it right now

Here is the link I asked in regarding to the PSU
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/287245-28-antec-earth...
m
l
Related resources
August 4, 2010 7:58:12 PM

k then it's good to go get 2 evga gtx 460's 1gb and sli them
m
l
August 5, 2010 12:52:50 AM

Dude you SOOOO stole from me! with the ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: This is my first computer build. I know a lot about computers, get techie! If anyone knows how to fix that crosshair iv formula's NB? LOL! and the Yes!! in the future

DUDE don't steal what people say thats just stupid, keep it real. This is such Bullsh**
m
l
August 5, 2010 12:54:15 AM

wow, i changed the layout of my "how to ask for build advice" and you stole that too
m
l
August 5, 2010 3:57:38 AM

I would even steal your ATI picture if you keep mentioning. LOL. I forgot to delete the additional comments. XD
m
l
!