Sign in with
Your question
Solved

CCC

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 28, 2010 2:08:58 PM

I have an embedded video card/ Radeon Xpress 200 Series. Have tried to install after upgrading to Vista(on my way to Win7) Had a major problems getting the CCC installed. Windows updated the ATI driver after a total reinstall of Vista, but I now have no Video Control Center at all. Do I need one and, if so which one?

I kept getting this "error message, "Install manager didn't initalize" Went to AMD site, got instructions, didn't help. They did however mention a Unistall program for the ATI software, which was not and had never been in my Control Panel. Help please, it will be greatly appreciated!

More about : ccc

June 28, 2010 2:17:15 PM

The driver installation package includes an uninstall feature, before installing anything, it will ask if you are installing or uninstalling software. It is ok to use this tool to remove old drivers, but DriverSweeper in safe mode is considered one of the best tools for cleaning up your drivers.

CCC is a graphical user interface for controlling the options of your videocard in a centralized location. There are far less user friendly ways of achieving the same functionality, but by and large, CCC is the easiest way to modfiy your GPU's settings.
June 28, 2010 2:17:17 PM

Uninstall your current driver and get the latest one in ATI download site...
Related resources
June 28, 2010 3:09:34 PM

JofaMang said:
The driver installation package includes an uninstall feature, before installing anything, it will ask if you are installing or uninstalling software. It is ok to use this tool to remove old drivers, but DriverSweeper in safe mode is considered one of the best tools for cleaning up your drivers.

CCC is a graphical user interface for controlling the options of your videocard in a centralized location. There are far less user friendly ways of achieving the same functionality, but by and large, CCC is the easiest way to modfiy your GPU's settings.

I've downloaded 2 CCC programs, Legacy 9_11 and 10.2, which one should I use?
June 28, 2010 3:10:40 PM

wa1 said:
Uninstall your current driver and get the latest one in ATI download site...

Couldn't find a stand alone driver.

Best solution

June 28, 2010 3:36:43 PM

Are you using ATI's driver selection page? If you are and have entered the information it is asking of you (Operating system and Graphics device) then the driver package that shows up should be the most recent for your hardware.

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

Step 1 - select integrated motherboard graphics
Step 2 - select Radeon Xpress Series
Step 3 - select Radeon Xpress 200
Step 4 - select your operating system

Selecting Vista 32 or 64, I was given the 10.2 legacy drivers going through this method. While actually installing package, you will have the option to install what you want, from just the driver itself, to the full software suite and LOTRO online trial download (plus other stuff). The driver is all you really need, but you may install CCC and anything else from this package if you wish.
June 28, 2010 6:24:55 PM

Thank you, downloaded it and all docs I could find. All thats in my control panel is the ATI driver. When I tryed unistalling it, Windows found the hardware on restart and installed the same driver. How can I get around this. Thanks again!
June 28, 2010 6:33:57 PM

So sorry, should have double checked, there is no ATI driver in my control panel/ programs. So...can I just install this software?
June 28, 2010 7:31:43 PM

Best answer selected by bugs_nana.
June 28, 2010 9:11:42 PM

Its ok if windows installs a basic VGA driver on start up... it will always do that. Install anyway.
!