Your question

Graphics card dead?

Tags:
  • Nvidia
  • Graphics Cards
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 28, 2010 6:02:01 PM

hello, Please help me if anyone knows how to fix my graphics card. My graphics card is dead and i don't think it is.
After using my inno3d nvidia geforce 9500gt 1gb in about 3 months,when i boot my computer i see lines and poor quality,when i log on to windows with my account it has poor quality also and many lines.I checked the settings by right clicking and click properties then the setting and the color depth is 4bit and has no graphics card display, only monitor by default was displayed,and i can't change it back to 32bit.I tried checking the graphics card inside the system but it's working normally because of the fan maybe?.I try to unplug it, re-installing my graphics card and driver but it doesn't work.When i plug my video cable in the main VGA the display is normal but i can't play flyff or other games without my video card.. Pls help me..thnks in advance if there's any info i can get xD sorry for my bad english

More about : graphics card dead

a c 165 Î Nvidia
a c 1432 U Graphics card
June 28, 2010 11:47:53 PM

If you have re installed the drivers for the card and reseated the card in the slot then it sounds like the card is gone bad.
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
a c 190 U Graphics card
June 29, 2010 2:03:04 AM

try your card in different PC, if the same problem exist then your card is dying...
m
l
Related resources
June 30, 2010 5:13:12 AM

thanks guys, Is it true that if you put your graphics card to the oven it will function again? i read it from the other site... :o 
m
l
a c 165 Î Nvidia
a c 1432 U Graphics card
June 30, 2010 9:01:45 PM

Yes it is possible. You have to strip it down first, just google baking GPU and you will see several guides.
m
l
!