chanto

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2010
Gotta love it when u just finnished building ure new system and ure new PSU is doa.............
Aaaaaarrrggggggggggg gotta send it back and get a new 1, gonna take me atleast until over the weekend. Aaaaarrrrrrrrggggg
Sorry about that, had to write it out cause my kids are sleeping lol...............
Started becoming worried after I fired the pc upp for the first time and my ROG led thingy said power off and the thing died, tried several restarts but nope.....
Took the pc apart again and started with my mb and cpu+ fan only, nope no go.
Got my old 500w from my old (like real old) pc and the thing fired upp, jupp worked but the thing is that my old psu is so old it doesnt have more than 1 6 pin for my gpu so basicly I was ******.
Atleast I found that it wasnt my build or any shortcirkout but simply a doa psu (right out off the box I might add, even had the plastic wrapping on it).
Next time I build I`m gonna start with checking 1 part at the time not building the whole thing then go troubleshooting.
Anyhows it`s late here and I have wasted the time of thoose of u who bothered to click my post, sorry...
Have a god 1 :)

tecmo34

Administrator
Been there :(

It sucks to have a build go bad at the start or quicky afterwards. I did a build for someone and the PSU died a few weeks after they got it. It sucks... I know :( However, you play the game long enough, you are going to have those DOA's and components die. You just hope you have more good builds than bad. :D