Sign in with
Your question

Dual WAN Router

Last response: in Networking
March 30, 2010 1:14:00 AM

Hi Guys,

I have been having a lot of internet drops and I am trying to find a way out of this.

I have decided to purchase a Dual WAN Router to connect two different ISP (one DSL and One Cable) and use one as a backup for my internet.

I do not need any VPN or other feature, However my main concern is the time that it takes till the backup networks comes up and starts working and I need that to be on the order of less than 1s.

I have found two different models:
1. Cisco RV042 4-port 10/100 VPN Router
2. SonicWALL TZ 100 TotalSecure

Offcourse item 1 is a lot cheaper and that matters.

Do you have any recommendation on any of these devices? Any other Dual WAN router that you could suggest?

Many thanks

Troy

More about : dual wan router

March 30, 2010 12:37:28 PM

Why is the internet dropping? That is what you need to find out. Is it on the ISP side or your side? If its the ISP side then I would hound them until its fixed.
m
l
March 30, 2010 5:25:06 PM

Hi

I have been struggling with ATT for over 2 months, spending more than 5 hours per week over the phone and have had 4 different techs on site and it does not work.

My Cable is comcast and it has less drop but every now and then it drops for half an hour

I cannot afford to be offline even for 10seconds thats why I really need this system

Please help
m
l
Related resources
March 30, 2010 5:29:33 PM

How about these two?

- Vigor2910
- NETGEAR FVX538 (upgrading the firmware to the latest version)

Has anybody heard anything about these two?

Thanks a lot
m
l
December 9, 2011 3:22:25 AM

I know this is kind of an old post...

but I have a Cisco RV042 works perfectly well

25/25 FIOS and 30/5 TW running on a Cisco RV042 DualWAN Router

Hope this helps someone...
m
l
!