Missing Desktop Tab, XP Home

I've got XP Home. My "Display" is missing its Desktop tab. I have already
tried the http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm #128 and #285. I've
already done all the virus and malware scanning. Anyone have any other
solutions for me? Thanks!
1 answer Last reply
More about missing desktop home

    Here is a excerpt from Ramesh MVP's newsgroup posting:

    There are atleast two possibilities for the problem:

    1. NoDispBackgroundPage policy set
    2. ClassicShell is enabled

    For case 1: Remove the "NoDispBackgroundPage" value from the registry:

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
    -and-
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System

    In the right-pane, look for "NoDispBackgroundPage" value and delete if
    found.

    --
    HTH
    Venkatesh
    "Dwyer17" <Dwyer17@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I've got XP Home. My "Display" is missing its Desktop tab. I have already
    > tried the http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm #128 and #285.
    I've
    > already done all the virus and malware scanning. Anyone have any other
    > solutions for me? Thanks!

Configuration Desktops Windows XP