Missing Desktop Tab, XP Home

May 8, 2005 3:46:03 AM

I've got XP Home. My "Display" is missing its Desktop tab. I have already
tried the http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm #128 and #285. I've
already done all the virus and malware scanning. Anyone have any other
solutions for me? Thanks!
Anonymous
May 9, 2005 3:33:36 AM

Here is a excerpt from Ramesh MVP's newsgroup posting:

There are atleast two possibilities for the problem:

1. NoDispBackgroundPage policy set
2. ClassicShell is enabled

For case 1: Remove the "NoDispBackgroundPage" value from the registry:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
-and-
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System

In the right-pane, look for "NoDispBackgroundPage" value and delete if
found.

--
HTH
Venkatesh