Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer

pengu1Nz

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2010
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829102006&cm_re=XFI-_-29-102-006-_-Product

That is the card I have purchased. No matter what kind of driver I install from the creative website, I get no results. It just says that "Setup is unable to find specified product on your computer, setup will now exit" or something along those lines.

The fix for this bug posted by creative...well...it gives me the EXACT SAME ERROR (ironically)

It shows up in device manager as "Multimedia Audio Controller" but will not automatically find drivers.

I've tried daniel_K's drivers but to no avail, (unsure of whether I've done it correctly or not) and spent around 2 hours googling possible fixes.

Anyone have any idea?

Would appreciate the help :)

edit: forgot to post the obvious

Specs:

Windows 7 32bit
GTX 260
3.5g ram
2.66 ghz quad core

...first, why go with the aged ExtremeGamer?

Kill everything related to Creative with Driver Cleaner, then try the PAX driver set and see if you have better luck...

I've seen this issue a LOT lately for Vista/7 users...Creative come out with new "stable" drivers recently or something?

pengu1Nz

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2010
I went with the card because i got it off of a member off of a forum for way less than retail and I didn't really need a sound card

I got it to work with a reinstall of the daniel_k drivers, only to later find I couldn't change it into "game-mode" because there was no "mode" tab. The default entertainment mode sounded weird in cs.

However now whenever I re-enable the sound (I went to onboard for a few competitive scrimmages) it has bad crackling behavior.

Edit: I believe I tried the PAX driver at first and could not get it to detect my sound card either.